Unknown entries on birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jagersky

Unknown entries on birth record

Postby jagersky » 03 Feb 2012, 07:28

Ciao a tuttequante.

I have a need for help with a translation. The document is my great, great, great grandfather's birth record from the civil records of Sant'Andrea del Pizzone near Caserta.

I've highlighted the parts I cannot understand. I have since highlighting realized that the first box says "figli dello stato", but the others remain a mystery to me.

*I am getting a message that the "board attachment quota has been reached" so if you are interested in helping please email me at ***.******@****.*** and I will send the file from there.

If anyone could offer their insights, I would be greatly appreciative.

Grazje assaje,

Ivo

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Unknown entries on birth record

Postby adelfio » 03 Feb 2012, 15:14

Use a photo image site like postimage.org its free and dont have to join upload image from your computer copy the url thumbnail and paste to your message

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jagersky

Postby jagersky » 03 Feb 2012, 22:27

Thank you for the great resource. I went ahead and did it--image can be found here: http://s18.postimage.org/dlqc1c28p/Gaetano_1_2.gif

Lucap
Master
Master

Postby Lucap » 03 Feb 2012, 23:47

In order:
dello Stato (very strange... I think it could mean "foundling")
da lui dichiarante ("by him, the declarant")
come sopra ("as above mentioned")

jagersky

Postby jagersky » 04 Feb 2012, 01:11

Thank you very, very much. Sad that they weren't biographical data as I'd hoped, but great to know none the less.

Yes--I too found "figli dello stato" strange. It was very disappointing too, because I'd begun my research with the goal of finding out where our family came from before arriving in Italy. I tried researching the circumstances under which a child would be listed as a child of the state without much luck. I do have one last resort--to search for his father's birth record. Do you know of any censuses taken between 1840 and 1900 in Campania?

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”