Need help deciphering please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Need help deciphering please

Postby suz1154 » 13 Feb 2012, 00:00

I am trying to translate my great grandfather's birth document. I am having trouble deciphering what this part says. It is the part after where his mother's name, age, and locality is stated. The part I'm having trouble with is indicated by question marks: di anni trentatre a da ?????? di anni ----- di professione domiciliato ----- nel giorno otto del mese di sopra anno ??????? alle oro sei nella casa ??????? Here is the document on Photobucket, if you can copy and paste. Hope the link works, or can be copied & pasted. Thanks! --Sue

It doesn't look like the link is working. I'm going to try again. Image

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need help deciphering please

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Feb 2012, 08:22

suz1154 wrote:I am trying to translate my great grandfather's birth document. I am having trouble deciphering what this part says. It is the part after where his mother's name, age, and locality is stated. The part I'm having trouble with is indicated by question marks: di anni trentatre a da esso dichiarante ??? di anni ----- di professione domiciliato ----- nel giorno otto del mese di sopra anno suddetto alle oro sei nella casa di sua abitazione. Here is the document on Photobucket, if you can copy and paste. Hope the link works, or can be copied & pasted. Thanks! --Sue

It doesn't look like the link is working. I'm going to try again. Image

Usually it is better to post the entire document, to help us decipher the handwriting.
The link to the picture can be written without the img tags:
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg6 ... please.jpg

suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suz1154 » 17 Feb 2012, 19:53

Thanks for helping figure out those first few words. I really appreciate it. I'm having trouble with yet another part, if you could help me once more. I have linked the whole page this time and underlined or arrowed the words. Two of them look like they are the same word. Thanks.

http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg6 ... artI-1.jpg

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 18 Feb 2012, 01:48

nel di oggi same day la sopra as above month
Lots of time on the church side notes the day is noted as ieri yesterday or oggi today

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suz1154 » 23 Feb 2012, 16:13

Thanks!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”