Italian Letters

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!

Italian Letters

Postby alysania » 20 Feb 2012, 21:54

I know this is a big request, but I've got a batch of letters in Italian that we found when my grandmother passed away years ago. My Italian isn't that great, and I'm even worse at figuring out old handwriting, but I'd love a translation of the letter. From what I can guess, the letter writer is writing to my great-great grandmother, Eugenia. I'll post my rough translation below, but there are a bunch of words I can't figure out.

Also, please let me know if this isn't something I should be posting here - I've seen mostly birth/death/marriage translation requests, and I know this is a lot to ask!

Dear Friend,
I write to you again like the other time I did and hope that ??? this my prayer ?? you are courteous enough to respond to me and give me news of my nephews. Tell me about Nello and how he is. I have written to you two times and have not gotten a response ??? so soon, I can't believe it that she seemed so good avainst me. I am ??? that something very serious to not write me more, but I hope you ?? Dear Friend I want to ?? that this finds you in good health, you and your huband and all the family. We also at the present ??? also my daughter that wasn't doing well now ?? that she is on the way of ??. Otherwise, I don't prolong in waiting for your prompt answer. I salute you cordially, your friend, Angelina Guerrini. Sorano, S. Valentio, Grosseto
Page 1
Page 2

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”