I tried. I really did...

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

I tried. I really did...

Postby DebiHarbuck » 23 Feb 2012, 04:38

But all I know for certain is that this (#26) is the right Vincenzo Felitti, because I can make out his wife's name (Maria Gagliardino) and, I think his parents...Mattia Felitti and Rosa Priore?. Help?

Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata

DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Re: I tried. I really did...

Postby DebiHarbuck » 23 Feb 2012, 04:54

Awww...geeze...shouldn't they be using the new books by 1872? The pre-printed ones that I can sometimes make heads or tails of? If they had I am pretty sure I would know more about #111.

Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 23 Feb 2012, 07:22

DebiHarbuck wrote:But all I know for certain is that this (#26) is the right Vincenzo Felitti, because I can make out his wife's name (Maria Gagliardino) and, I think his parents...Mattia Felitti and Rosa Priore?. Help?

Francesco Felitti son of the deceased Mattia and the deceased Rosa Priore, husband of Maria Gagliardino died 19 April 1872 in his house situated in Vico Lungo Fornigiunti in Vietri di Potenza, at 5:00 am, aged 40 born, in Vietri di Potenza

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 23 Feb 2012, 07:34

DebiHarbuck wrote:Awww...geeze...shouldn't they be using the new books by 1872? The pre-printed ones that I can sometimes make heads or tails of? If they had I am pretty sure I would know more about #111.

Felice Sausto son of the deceased Francesco and of the living Luigia Caggiano, died 4 Dec 1872 in the Civil Hospital, aged 44 single

DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Postby DebiHarbuck » 23 Feb 2012, 12:31

liviomoreno wrote:
DebiHarbuck wrote:But all I know for certain is that this (#26) is the right Vincenzo Felitti, because I can make out his wife's name (Maria Gagliardino) and, I think his parents...Mattia Felitti and Rosa Priore?. Help?

Francesco Felitti son of the deceased Mattia and the deceased Rosa Priore, husband of Maria Gagliardino died 19 April 1872 in his house situated in Vico Lungo Fornigiunti in Vietri di Potenza, at 5:00 am, aged 40 born, in Vietri di Potenza

Thanks, Livio...this is Vincenzo, right? And this is from the 1871 book...is it significant that he died at home? Or is that it is his? Does that imply ownership? Finally, does it mention his profession?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 23 Feb 2012, 12:42

DebiHarbuck wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:

Thanks, Livio...this is Vincenzo, right? And this is from the 1871 book...is it significant that he died at home? Or is that it is his? Does that imply ownership? Finally, does it mention his profession?

Apparently I messed it up!
Yes it's Vincenzo the year is 1871 and he is a farmer. I underscored "his house" as opposed to Hospital (where Felice Sausto died), I understand that I should have said "at home", and we cannot deduct from this record any ownership.

DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Postby DebiHarbuck » 23 Feb 2012, 12:48

You did way better than me! Thank you, again!! :)

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”