Another look, please?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Another look, please?

Postby DebiHarbuck » 24 Feb 2012, 04:45

Earlier, Livio and Marty helped to decipher this record (# 111 for Felice Sausto (1828-1872). Can we (and I use that term to mean everyone but me) take a second look and confirm his mother, Luigia Caggiano, was still alive when he died and - if so - where she was living at the time of his death?

I have searched the death records for Vietri di Potenza through 1903 and find no record of her death...

Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Another look, please?

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Feb 2012, 07:16

Yes, Luigia was alive when Felice died, she was a farmer, living with her son.

DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Postby DebiHarbuck » 24 Feb 2012, 12:30

Thank you, again. I will go through the records again.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata

DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Postby DebiHarbuck » 24 Feb 2012, 13:23

I found her! :D (indexed as Luigi; check everything!)

So, this is my my attempt:

Luigia Caggiano, aged 69 and a farmer, died December 16 1880 (because ieri means yesterday, right?). She was the daughter of Gerardo Caggiano and Caterina Pascale (both deceased), all of Veitri di Potenza, and the widow of Francesco Sausto. She died at 9:17 AM in the house at #3 Vicoletto Casale.

How did I do?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Feb 2012, 15:02

DebiHarbuck wrote:I found her! :D (indexed as Luigi; check everything!)

So, this is my my attempt:

Luigia Caggiano, aged 69 and a farmer, died December 16 1880 (because ieri means yesterday, right?). She was the daughter of Gerardo Caggiano and Caterina Pascale (both deceased), all of Veitri di Potenza, and the widow of Francesco Sausto. She died at 9:10 AM in the house at #3 Vicoletto Casale.

How did I do?

Wow! You're great!!!!!!

DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Postby DebiHarbuck » 25 Feb 2012, 00:55

YAY!!!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”