Help Translating please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Help Translating please

Postby EliseLaRocca » 24 Feb 2012, 06:15

i do not have a scanner so i have taken 2 photo's of the record ( divided it into sections) can someone please help me translate what this says. If nothing else i would love to get the parent names and date of birth from this but would love to know what other parts say as well. Trying to translate with my book and with this persons hand writing is proving very long hard work and has me almost ready to give up on this certian record. thank you ( this is my first time to post a photo to this site, i posted clickable images so that you can click it to enlarge it to full size to read, when i tried to add it in full size to this site it did not show the full record. if this is not the best way to post them please let me know and i will try a different way thank you )

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help Translating please

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Feb 2012, 07:10

The top part of the record, with the date is missing and the handwriting is horrible, this is what I read:
"The year _______ month ____ day _____ in front of me ______ Civil state officer of the town _______ [this part is missing in the picture] appeared Margherita(?) B??????, 66yo, midwife, who declared that today at 2:10AM in the house situated in Via Levatone 16, a female baby was born to Angela T?????, house wife, wife of Giuseppe Accardo(?). The baby was given the name Angela."

EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Postby EliseLaRocca » 24 Feb 2012, 07:31

i have a photo of the very top of the record but i did not post it because that part i was able to translate, but by the time set and tried to do the rest of it i was ready to pull my hair out and thought i would ask for help with the next part of it. thank you for helping me with the 1st photo. also i thought that the date at the top would be the date the information was brought to be recorded and the date about mid page would be the real date of birth? or thats what i have been told. again thank you for your time, i know this record was not easy.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 25 Feb 2012, 16:19

liviomoreno wrote:The top part of the record, with the date is missing and the handwriting is horrible, this is what I read:
"The year _______ month ____ day _____ in front of me ______ Civil state officer of the town _______ [this part is missing in the picture] appeared Margherita(?) B?????? Barbiero?, 66yo, midwife, who declared that today at 2:10AM in the house situated in Via Levatone 16, a female baby was born to Angela T?????Tarantolo?- a name found in Gibellina, house wife, wife of Giuseppe Accardo(?)I agree with Livio - found in Gibellina. The baby was given the name Angela."

T. :-)

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”