Unknown Birth Record Translation Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Unknown Birth Record Translation Help

Postby Amansolillo » 08 Mar 2012, 23:03

This is a 1890 birth record from Letino, Caserta, Campania. The record that I wished to be checked is the bottom one on the left (it continues to the right page). It lists my great-great-grandparents Michele Pesaturo and Cecilia Fragola as this Pesaturo's parents, but my great-grandmother was only known as having two brothers and a sister. I'd appreciate a translation of this record. Thanks
Attachments
UnknownPesaturo.jpg
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Unknown Birth Record Translation Help

Postby Tessa78 » 08 Mar 2012, 23:19

Birth record #8
Zaira Camilia(sp?) Pesaturo
Dated 24 February 1890 at 11:20 AM at the town hall in Letino
Before the official appeared Michele Pesaturo, 40, town secretary, residing in Letino, to declare that at 4:40 AM on the 24th of the current month at the place as #8 Via Otto Aprile, to Maria Teresa Cecilia Fragola, his wife, elementary teacher, living with him, was born a female child, who he presented to the official and to whom was given the name ZAIRA CAMILIA(sp?)
Witnesses were Antonio Orsi, 50, peasant farmer; Giovanni Orsi, 40, PF

T.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 09 Mar 2012, 07:44

To me the name is Zaira Emilia Pesaturo

Amansolillo wrote:...my great-grandmother was only known as having two brothers and a sister. ...

It could be that Zaira Emilia died very young...

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 09 Mar 2012, 12:45

Perhaps so. My great-great-grandparents and their children immigrated to Newark, New Jersey in May of 1896 before moving to Providence, Rhode Island in October later that year. If Zaira didn't die you in Italy, then she probably did in America
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”