Trans Req - Child of Nicola Fierro

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Trans Req - Child of Nicola Fierro

Post by TriciaFierro »

This one might be difficult to read but it is the clearest copy I could manage at the library. Please translate for me if you are able...thank you! :mrgreen:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8282 ... dofnic.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Trans Req - Child of Nicola Fierro

Post by Tessa78 »

This looks to be a promise of marriage
Dated 23 January 1836 at 5 PM at the town hall
Crescenzo Fierro, 27, laborer, son of deceased Nicola and of Giuseppa Panzone/Canzone(?)
AND
Mariagnese(not sure of the latter part of her given name) Doro/Doto, age 23, daughter of Vincenzo Doro, laborer and Rosaria D'Agostino

T.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

This makes sense because on one of my great-grandfather's trips to America he was traveling with a cousin D'Agostino :) He was also a son of Nicola Fierro. Thanks so much! Oh and Giuseppa's last name is Panzone :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
primatenente

Post by primatenente »

If you get in touch with these folks, please let me know. When I was in Montecalvo Irpino in 1970 in the Air Force I briefly dated a girl name Gina Panzone and had occasion to visit the entire family. They were all wonderful. She taught in elementary school, and they all seemed as educated and interesting as they were vivacious and welcoming. As fate would have it I had already met the ultimate love of my life, or I might be there yet! I probably have photos around here someplace if they turn out to be related to you.