Nunziata Crifo Birth Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Nunziata Crifo Birth Record Translation

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 10 May 2012, 01:24

I found a birth record for a Nunziata Crifo, I believe the year is 1882. I noticed my great-grandfather, Rosario Incognito, is mentioned on the record. Can some please translate this for me to see if this baby is somehow a relation. Thank you.
Attachments
Crifo Nunziata Birth Record 1882.jpg
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Nunziata Crifo Birth Record Translation

Postby Tessa78 » 10 May 2012, 05:23

This s the birth record for Nunziata Crifo

Dated (recorded) 16 April 1882 at 10:40 AM at the town office
Appearing before the official is Vincenzo Crifo, age 37, peasant farmer, residing in Patti, to declare that at 9 AM on the 15th of the current month, at the place at Contrada Porticelli; from his union with a woman, not married and not a relative, whom it is not necessary to name; was born a female child who he presented to the official and to whom was given the name Nunziata.
Witnesses to the recording of this act were Vincenzo Spinella, age 27, peasant farmer; and Rosario Incognito, age 26, peasant farmer.

The left column notation states that on 25 January 1903, Nunziata married Gaetano Lo Presti.

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Nunziata Crifo Birth Record Translation

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 10 May 2012, 13:55

Wow! Very interesting that things like that went on back in the day. Thanks for your time, Tessa. Contradad Porticelli sounds familiar Vincenzo Crifo maybe was a neighbor of my great-grandfather, Rosario Incognito. But the name 'Crifo' is also in my family. I am trying to figure out the connection.

Thank you again, this site is so helpful.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”