Giuseppe Crifo Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Giuseppe Crifo Birth Record

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 10 May 2012, 17:39

I have just found my maternal grandfather's birth record. Would someone be so kind and translate the document for me.

I thank you in advance for your help.
Attachments
Crifo Giuseppe Birth Record Nati 1871-1886.jpg
Number 232 on the document.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Crifo Birth Record

Postby liviomoreno » 10 May 2012, 18:37

On July 13 1884 Antonio Crifò, aged 27, peasant farmer, (note that in this document the name is spelled with an accent on the "o") announced to the Town Hall that, at 5:30PM of the 12th, in the house located in contrada Poricella, his wife Angela Aprile (peasant farmer) gave birth to a male baby to whom was given the name Giuseppe

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 10 May 2012, 18:45

Birth Act of Giuseppe Crifo

Dated 13 July 1884 at 10:30 AM at the town office.

Appearing before the official was Antonio Crifo, 27, peasant farmer, to declare that at 5:30 PM on the 12th of the current month, at the place at Contrada Porticelli, to Angela Aprile, peasant farmer, his wife living with him, was born a male child who was not presented to the official, and to whom was given the name Giuseppe.
Witnesses to the recording of the act were Antonino Addamo, 22, peasant farmer; and Guseppe Maccagnano, 50, carpenter.
The declarant (Antonio Crifo) was not able to present the child because it was a long distance. He assured the official that what he stated of the birth was true.

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 10 May 2012, 22:29

Thank you very much.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”