Tindara Crifo Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Tindara Crifo Birth Record

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 11 May 2012, 01:56

Hello: I just found the birth record of my great-aunt, Tindara Crifo. I am asking for someone to please translate this record for me so I will have the date and other information to add to my family tree. The end of the document there are three names listed (Antonio Crifo, Gaetano Chiofolo, and another I am not sure). Would that be the "actual" signature of my great-grandfather, Antonio Crifo?

I thank you in advance for your time.
Attachments
Crifo Tindara Birth Record Nati 1871-1886 Image 3067.jpg
Number 305 on the document.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Tindara Crifo Birth Record

Postby Tessa78 » 11 May 2012, 02:28

First, let me say that yes, that is the signature of the father, Antonio Crifò :-)

Recorded on 19 September 1886 at 11:05 AM at the town hall.
Appeared Antonio Crifò, 28, peasant farmer, to declare that at 5:15 PM on the 18th of the current month, at the place at Contrada Porticella, to his wife Angela Aprile, peasant farmer, was born a female child which was presented to the official and to whom was given the name Tindara.

The other witness is Salvatore Bonsignore.

All signed with the official except Bonsignore who did not know how to write.

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Tindara Crifo Birth Record

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 11 May 2012, 02:38

Again I thank you Tessa. Amazing to actually see my great-grandfather's actual signature.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”