Crifo Antonio - Aprile Angela Marriage Records

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Crifo Antonio - Aprile Angela Marriage Records

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 15 May 2012, 22:21

http://postimage.org/image/ybn3cbver/

Hello:

I found the marriage record of my great-grandparents, Antonio Crifo to Angela Aprile. Please translate the document for me giving as much detail as possible. If their parents are listed on the record and an address, that would be very helpful. Also, I am not sure if her last name is Aprile or D'Aprile. I have seen it both ways in documents.

Also, can any explain to me how the marriage bans worked? Is this the actual marriage certificate or a marriage bann?

Looking forward to hearing from you. I thank you again in advance for your time and patience.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Crifo Antonio - Aprile Angela Marriage Records

Postby Tessa78 » 15 May 2012, 23:29

This is the marriage act.
Dated 4 June 1872
Groom: Antonio Crifò, age 24, peasant farmer, born in Montagna Reale, residing in Patti; son of deceased Giuseppe, resident of Patti in his life, and of living Giuseppa Miceli, resident of Patti:
Bride: Angela Aprile, age 25, peasant farmer, born and residing in Patti; daughter of deceased Filippo and of deceased Giuseppa Mondello, residents of Patti in their lives.

There is no additional address given.

Banns were posted for this marriage on the 21 and 28 of May.

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 16 May 2012, 01:57

Tessa: Can you please check the year for this record. I think it should be 1882. My grandfather was born in 1884 and I purposely checked the marriage records starting with the year he was born and then went one year back.

Thanks.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 16 May 2012, 02:48

http://postimage.org/image/sdzx9smv7/

http://postimage.org/image/fegbzyp8x

I am doing very well. From the information given above, I have located Antonio Crifo (my great-great-great grandfather in the birth records of Montagnareale for the year 1858! The record is number 58 on two pages.

Can you please translate for me, giving as much detail as possible. Again, I thank you so much for all your help. This gets me back further than I ever thought possible!

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 16 May 2012, 07:31

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Tessa: Can you please check the year for this record. I think it should be 1882. My grandfather was born in 1884 and I purposely checked the marriage records starting with the year he was born and then went one year back.

Thanks.

You are correct the record date is June 4 1882. The year was pre-printed as 1872 but was corrected by hand to 1882.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 16 May 2012, 07:49

ItalianbellaSA wrote:http://postimage.org/image/sdzx9smv7/

http://postimage.org/image/fegbzyp8x

I am doing very well. From the information given above, I have located Antonio Crifo (my great-great-great grandfather in the birth records of Montagnareale for the year 1858! The record is number 58 on two pages.

Can you please translate for me, giving as much detail as possible. Again, I thank you so much for all your help. This gets me back further than I ever thought possible!

On 1858 Oct 30, in the Town Hall, in Patti, appeared Antonio Crifò aged 32 day labourer to present a male baby born On Oct 29 at 9:00PM to his wife Antonia Vottino, aged 35, living with him. The newborn was named Santo.
The right side of the document states that Santo was baptized onn the same day by the parish priest of the Chiesa Madre.
The second page gives the name of the witnesses to the act, Francesco Placido aged 40 and Antonio ??? aged 70, the act was signed only by the Official beacuse the declarant and the witnesses were illiterate

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 16 May 2012, 12:34

Thank you, Livio. I guess I have to go back and check some more. I saw the name Antonio Crifo and assumed to was his birth record. I wish I could read Italian just a little. Anyways, thanks again for your time. And, it got so excited that I miss counted the 'greats'. Antonio is my great grandfather and Guiseppe would be my great great grandfather.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”