Help with Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Help with Marriage Record

Postby tomtst » 17 May 2012, 04:21

There are a few things I am trying to determine from this marriage record. The first is the name of the bride?
In the second picture I see "Emiddio Todisco fu Pasquale" from my research I know Emiddio is the son of Pasquale. Is Emiddio the father of the groom? On the next line I see what looks like "Alessio fu Pasquale" can I assume Alessio is the brother of Emiddio. I see his name in other documents but I haven't made any connection. Also the date of the marriage and the names of the brides parents. I am getting better with the records on preprinted forms but I am lost with these handwritten records.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N08/7212987746/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N ... /lightbox/

Thank You
Tom

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with Marriage Record

Postby liviomoreno » 17 May 2012, 07:28

It's a death act

On Oct 8 1870 at 2PM, Emiddio Todisco, aged 40, son of the deceased Pasquale and Alessio Todisco, aged 46, son of the deceased Pasquale, uncles of the defunct went to the Town Hall to declare that at midnight of the day 7 October, in the house located in Contrada Chiocche, died Giuseppe Todisco, aged 12days son of Raffaele Todisco and of Michela Tauro.

Yes, Emiddio, Alessio and Raffaele are brothers.

tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with Marriage Record

Postby tomtst » 17 May 2012, 13:13

Thank You, I had been looking through marriage records and just assumed this was also one.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”