Quick translation if anyone has a second - thanks!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!

Quick translation if anyone has a second - thanks!

Postby mikedc » 10 Jun 2012, 20:48

I applied for Citizenship through Marriage via the United States Embassy in Washington DC in March 2010. According to the Ministry of the Interior, my application was received on March 2, 2010.
As I understand, the process for granting or denying citizenship via Jure Matrimoni is 730 days. Please advise me as to the status of my application and when you will expect to provide me with a response.
Best regards,

Numero de Partica XXXXXX

Re: Quick translation if anyone has a second - thanks!

Postby arturo.c » 18 Apr 2015, 22:39

When you applied, they should have given you a reference number starting with K10/C, and the Italian Ministry of the Interior has a website where you can register yourself using that number and the date of the application in order to inquire about the status of your application process.

By law the Ministry has to grant or reject your application within 730 days (two years) of the application date. If that term expires without your application being rejected, you could hire a lawyer and take the matter to the Administrative Court (TAR = Tribunale Amministrativo Regionale), which could order the Ministry to grant your application.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”