Atti di Nascita translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
domveo6

Atti di Nascita translation

Postby domveo6 » 11 Jun 2012, 02:42

hello, I am perplexed with the 'complete' translation of this document, as many of the words are difficult for me to read in the script. Also, the translations I've attempted so far have been confusing, mainly in the long description section (birth date and address were okay). I know this person was a foundling from the mother description, but I'm worried I might have some key words wrong. If a master can help me get this straight, my genealogy efforts would greatly benefit, and I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Dominic

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/domveo6/AttidiNascitaCROP.jpg

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Atti di Nascita translation

Postby adelfio » 11 Jun 2012, 16:28

1896 June 18 at 5:10 PM (BIRTH TIME AND DATE) before mayor of the town of Capodrise appeared Angela Pontello age 68 midwife at the house at via Botteghe #18 help birth a baby boy named Giuseppe Bellasperanza mother was uno donna che non consente di essere nominata (not appointed does not want to be named ) no father listed on the record the witnesses to the recording of the record were
Pietro Bucciero age 42
Domenecio Moriello age 42

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

domveo6

Re: Atti di Nascita translation

Postby domveo6 » 14 Jun 2012, 07:02

thank you very much for the translation! I wasn't sure if the description contained some other important information, other than birthing/ nursing duties, so thanks for clearing that up.

-Dominic

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”