need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 01:51

need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby figaro66 » 14 Jun 2012, 01:29

Image

figaro66
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 01:51

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby figaro66 » 14 Jun 2012, 01:48

The record is on the left hand side 4 0r 5th down. I just figured how to post a document, I don't want to delete and repost with message. So I am adding this post. Hironimus Governale married Rosalia Calcaterra. The rest I can not figure out, I need help in translation, I am confused on who Parents verses Witnesses are. Any help would be appreciated, Thank's in Advance...

User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 6820
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby adelfio » 14 Jun 2012, 02:54

INDEX 580
1838 Feb 1st marriage of Hironimus Governale son of ????TOUGH ONE NEED SOME HELP and deceased Francesca Mannina and wife Rosalia Calcaterra daughter of Nicola Calcaterra and Josepha Provenzano

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

figaro66
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 01:51

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby figaro66 » 14 Jun 2012, 04:40

Marty

The unkown name???? Could it be Octavis (Octavi)??? From this line on down to today, The name in these men are Giralamo Heronimus Octavis Governale.. What do you think?????
Tracy, Thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 6820
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby adelfio » 14 Jun 2012, 14:03

figaro66 wrote:Marty

The unkown name???? Could it be Octavis (Octavi)??? From this line on down to today, The name in these men are Giralamo Heronimus Octavis Governale.. What do you think?????
Tracy, Thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good :D

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 11578
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby Tessa78 » 15 Jun 2012, 18:09

adelfio wrote:INDEX 580
1838 Feb 1st marriage of Hironimus Governale son of ????TOUGH ONE NEED SOME HELP and deceased Francesca Mannina and wife Rosalia Calcaterra daughter of Nicola Calcaterra and Josepha Provenzano

Marty


I believe the mother of Rosalia is also deceased...

:wink:
T.

figaro66
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 01:51

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby figaro66 » 15 Jun 2012, 21:31

Tessa
You think that Josepha Provenzano is deceased?? May I ask if you know. When a Female dies in Sicily, does she go under her Married name or her Birth name????
Thanks For your help and time Tessa...
Tracy

User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 6820
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Postby adelfio » 15 Jun 2012, 21:59

figaro66 wrote:Tessa
You think that Josepha Provenzano is deceased?? May I ask if you know. When a Female dies in Sicily, does she go under her Married name or her Birth name????
Thanks For your help and time Tessa...
Tracy

Maiden name and yes defunto to Joespha


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests