Need help with a marriage certificate translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Giordani09

Need help with a marriage certificate translation

Postby Giordani09 » 17 Jun 2012, 22:21

I was able to get a copy of my ggg grandparents marriage record from Pedersano, Italy. I was hoping that someone could translate it for me since I can not read Italian. I can't wait to see what it says. The priest told me that it told a little story, but her didnt speak much English, so he had a difficult time translating.

The groom is Davide Giordani and the wife is Innocenza Cavalieri.

For whatever reason this site is not allowing me to attach the photo. Can someone help?

Giordani09

Re: Need help with a marriage certificate translation

Postby Giordani09 » 17 Jun 2012, 22:28

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 21 Jun 2012, 07:41

Date of Marriage April 16 1855
Groom: Davide Giordani, songle, catholic, born in Pedersano Jan 11 1827. Davide was legitimate son of the living Amadio (Giordani), weaver, and of the living Geltrude Grandi (Geltrude was Wthe widow of Michele Villi). Davide was a soldier (vice corporal) in the 4th Company of the regiment Cacciatori Imperatore and he obtained the authorization to get married on March 29
Bride: Innocenza Cavaleri, single, catholic, born in Pedersano February 18 1831, legitimate daughter of the living Simone, weaver, and of the deceased Maria Giordani (Maria was the daughter of ?Piarmeo?).

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 21 Jun 2012, 18:41

liviomoreno wrote:Date of Marriage April 16 1855
Groom: Davide Giordani, songle, catholic, born in Pedersano Jan 11 1827. Davide was legitimate son of the living Amadio (Giordani), weaver, and of the living Geltrude Grandi (Geltrude was Wthe widow of Michele Villi). Davide was a soldier (vice corporal) in the 4th Company of the regiment Cacciatori Imperatore and he obtained the authorization to get married on March 29
Bride: Innocenza Cavaleri, single, catholic, born in Pedersano February 18 1831, legitimate daughter of the living Simone, weaver, and of the deceased Maria Giordani (Maria was the daughter of ?Piarmeo?).

This appears to say "pure di Pedersano" (also of Pedersano), rather than her father's name... :-)

What do you think, Livio? :D

T.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 21 Jun 2012, 19:01

Tessa, what I read is
"Cavalieri Innocenza figlia legittima del vivo Simone fu ???? di condizione tessitore di Pedersano e fu Maria fu ?Piarmeo? Giordani pure di Pedersano, nubile, maggiorenne, cattolica, nata il 18 Febbraio 1831."

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 21 Jun 2012, 19:45

Ah, yes, I see it now! :oops:

I think that first letter is a "B" -

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”