Catalano-Confusion in ages

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Catalano-Confusion in ages

Postby lilbees » 01 Jul 2012, 13:48

I have Domenico Facella married to Rosa Catalano. They have 5 children. the oldest, Salvatore according to his marriage record was born 1871. His wife, Maddalena Mezzatesta from Roccapalumba, was born 1877. Their marriage took place Jul 1892.

Now, Domenico and Rosa were married Feb 1881. I have copies of their birth records taken from their Marriage Allegati.

It just does not seem possible Domenico and Rosa are the parents of Salvatore. The ages do not work.

Facella is not that common of a name. Lercara Friddi is the comune of birth.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4310 ... arriag.jpg

Let me know what you think.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Catalano-Confusion in ages

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Jul 2012, 15:14

lilbees wrote:I have Domenico Facella married to Rosa Catalano. They have 5 children. the oldest, Salvatore according to his marriage record was born 1871. His wife, Maddalena Mezzatesta from Roccapalumba, was born 1877. Their marriage took place Jul 1892.

Now, Domenico and Rosa were married Feb 1881. I have copies of their birth records taken from their Marriage Allegati.

It just does not seem possible Domenico and Rosa are the parents of Salvatore. The ages do not work.

Facella is not that common of a name. Lercara Friddi is the comune of birth.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4310 ... arriag.jpg

Let me know what you think.

lilbees

The marriage you posted took place in 1902 :-) "millenovecentodue"
Salvatore was born around 1882...

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”