Vittoria Pesaturo Birth Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Vittoria Pesaturo Birth Record Translation

Postby Amansolillo » 04 Jul 2012, 19:09

I am seeking a translation for the linked birth record. It is the left record and is of Vittoria Pesaturo, the daughter of Ottaviano Pesaturo. I would appreciate it if someone could translate the record. Thanks.
http://imgh.us/CasertaCampaniaItalyCivi ... 348575.jpg
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Vittoria Pesaturo Birth Record Translation

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Jul 2012, 01:54

On 9 April 1867 at 2 PM at the town hall in Prata Sannita, appeared
Ottaviano Pesaturo, son of deceased Michele, of age 53, a landowner residing here, to present a female child who he declares was born on the 7 of the current month of April at 5 AM to his wife, Maria Luigia Iannace daughter of deceased Paolo, living with him at the place they inhabit in this town at Strada San Cristoforo.
Witnesses to the recording of this act were Francesco Ricci, son of deceased Antonio, of age 56, coffeehouse keeper; and Pasquale Patricelli, son of Rocco, of age 30, a carpenter.

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 05 Jul 2012, 03:58

What does the record say about Piedimonte d'Alife?
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 05 Jul 2012, 04:05

Also, I found the marriage record for Ottaviano and Maria Luigia. Could you please provide a translation?
http://imgh.us/CasertaCampaniaItalyCivi ... 348542.jpg
http://imgh.us/CasertaCampaniaItalyCivi ... 348543.jpg

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Jul 2012, 17:22

Amansolillo wrote:What does the record say about Piedimonte d'Alife?

Prata Sannita is in the District("Circondario") of Piedmonte d'Alife, Province of Terra di Lavoro. :-)

T.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Jul 2012, 17:50

Amansolillo wrote:Also, I found the marriage record for Ottaviano and Maria Luigia. Could you please provide a translation?
http://imgh.us/CasertaCampaniaItalyCivi ... 348542.jpg
http://imgh.us/CasertaCampaniaItalyCivi ... 348543.jpg

This is an entry of the marriage record into the book in Prata Sannita. This record is dated 30 June 1866, and indicates that Ottaviano Pesaturo appeared at the town hall in Prata Sannita to present a copy of the marriage record and have it recorded.
The marriage took place in Raviscanina, District of Piedmonte d'Alife, which was the home of the bride.
The actual marriage record is #4, dated 9 April 1866 at the town hall in Raviscanina at 5 PM.
Groom: Signor Ottaviano Pesaturo, age 53, landowner residing in Prata Sannita, son of deceased Michele who was a gamekeeper [guardacaccia], and of Elena Valla, landowner.
Bride: Signora Maria Luigia Iannace, age 38, landowner, residing in Raviscanina, daughter of deceased Paolo Iannace and of Signora Francesca Maggia, landowner, residing in Raviscanina.
It states that the couple appeared and stated their intention to wed, and presented the required publication of the banns. It cites the civil code that requires such publication, and it indicates that the marriage record has been entered into the register.

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 05 Jul 2012, 18:33

Does the record state whether or not Elena Valla was deceased at the time of Ottaviano's marriage?

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Jul 2012, 23:17

Amansolillo wrote:Does the record state whether or not Elena Valla was deceased at the time of Ottaviano's marriage?

Yes, I apologize... Elena Valla was deceased.

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 06 Jul 2012, 00:14

I found an 1882 ship record of Ottaviano, Maria Luigia, and Vittoria. It states that Ottaviano was 69 and Maria Luigia was 67 in that year. However, according to their marriage record, Maria Luigia was 15 years younger than Ottaviano. I can't seem to find any other records of Maria Luigia to verify her year of birth. The only other record I could find for Ottaviano was his 1891 death record in Newark, NJ, and I can't seem to find any records of Vittoria. The only thing I found for Vittoria was a newspaper article from 1896 in New York and she was married by then to a Rocco Dia. The newspaper article was about an issue of defamation of character between Vittoria, her half brother the Rev. Francesco Pesaturo, and a Luigia Parziale.
http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2014 ... ehtml&.pdf

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 07 Jul 2012, 05:50

I found that Vittoria and Rocco Dia had a daughter Maria Luigia in 1884, but I can't find any other record of the Dias. In fact, I found that the last name may have been Didio, but I can't find any record of them to back anything up. I'd appreciate any help to find records.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Jul 2012, 20:45

Amansolillo wrote:I found an 1882 ship record of Ottaviano, Maria Luigia, and Vittoria. It states that Ottaviano was 69 and Maria Luigia was 67 in that year. However, according to their marriage record, Maria Luigia was 15 years younger than Ottaviano. I can't seem to find any other records of Maria Luigia to verify her year of birth. The only other record I could find for Ottaviano was his 1891 death record in Newark, NJ, and [b]I can't seem to find any records of Vittoria[/b]. The only thing I found for Vittoria was a newspaper article from 1896 in New York and she was married by then to a Rocco Dia. The newspaper article was about an issue of defamation of character between Vittoria, her half brother the Rev. Francesco Pesaturo, and a Luigia Parziale.
http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2014 ... ehtml&.pdf

Can you post that 1882 ship manifest?

EDIT: -

I found the manifest for 1882, and I believe that Maria's age is listed as 57, not 67.

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 07 Jul 2012, 21:14

As I said, that seems to be the only record of Ottaviano, Maria Luigia, and Vittoria that I can find at the moment. It's very likely that since Ottaviano died in Newark, NJ, Maria Luigia probably did too.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Jul 2012, 21:32

Found this record of birth for Antonio DiDio, born 1890 to Rocco DiDio and Vittoria Pesaturo DiDio... :-)

Name: Antonio Didio
Baptism/Christening Date:
Baptism/Christening Place:
Birth Date: 01 Feb 1890
Birthplace: Manhattan, New York, New York, USA
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Rocco Didio

Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Vittoria Pesaturo Didio
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C00982-8
System Origin: New_York-ODM
Source Film Number: 1323498

Also from NYC Vital records...
Didio Antonio Feb 1 1890 4243 Manhattan

There is a family tree on Ancestry for this Antonio DiDio (parents Rocco DiDio and Vittoria Pesaturo). He died in California in 1942
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/22868339 ... 1316010251

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 07 Jul 2012, 21:37

According to http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2014 ... ehtml&.pdf Vittoria bore the child of a Luigi Parziale while she was still married. Apparently, the child was put into an institution. I don't know whether or not the child is a DiDio, a Parziale, or has an entirely different last name.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Jul 2012, 21:47

Amansolillo wrote:According to http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2014 ... ehtml&.pdf Vittoria bore the child of a Luigi Parziale while she was still married. Apparently, the child was put into an institution. I don't know whether or not the child is a DiDio, a Parziale, or has an entirely different last name.

The article speaks of a child born to Vittoria (by Luigi Parziale) in 1894... and is now in a New York City Institution.

The child I referenced above was born in 1890, and is a DiDio. He was living with [Rev] Francesco Pesaturo and his family, as a boarder, in 1910, in New Haven, Conn.
The article mentions two children of Vittoria's who are in a Newark Orphan Asyllum (possibly Antonio was one of them).
He is the son of Vittoria's husband, Rocco DiDio (according to the birth record listing)

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”