Help with Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Debid76
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Marriage Record

Postby Debid76 » 09 Jul 2012, 22:46

I was hoping somebody could help me with this record; names, dates, anything else important/interesting. I am also confused as to why the marriage between Domenica Guardi and Francesco Imbroito occured in 1890 although their first child was born in 1883 and it appears to me it says they are already married in that record. It is included at the end if someone can verify that for me. Also, the birth record says the child is a male and name is Francesco, but she is female and her name is Francesca.

Thank you,

Debby

Birth Record

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Help with Marriage Record

Postby PippoM » 09 Jul 2012, 23:26

You are right, their marriage took place in 1890, but in 1883 they had a male child, and Rosario declared they were married. Indeed, I already happened to find records of births where parents declared to be married, whilst they were not.
However, this is a "processetti matrimoniali", that is, the set of documents produced for the marriage.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

Debid76
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Debid76 » 10 Jul 2012, 19:38

Thank you for letting me know you have seen that also. I was surprised to find the marriage record in 1890. Of course I was confused and thinking perhaps Rosario had been married to another. So, was happy to find the birth record stating they were married. The odd thing is, the birth record says male and I know that is my gg-grandma's birthdate and her name is Francesca.

I would like some help translating the marriage record. I have been able to make some of it out, I think :wink:

Page 2
The birth record for Domenica Guardi
Her mother is Francesca Giovenco. Does it say she was 28 years old when Domenica was born?? Her father is Antonino Guardi. Was his age 31??

Page 3
Birth record for Rosario Imbroito
Parents Francesco Imbroito and Angela Ugo. I am having trouble making out anything else on this page.

Thank you for your help,
Deb

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 10 Jul 2012, 23:50

Debid76 wrote:Thank you for letting me know you have seen that also. I was surprised to find the marriage record in 1890. Of course I was confused and thinking perhaps Rosario had been married to another. So, was happy to find the birth record stating they were married. The odd thing is, the birth record says male and I know that is my gg-grandma's birthdate and her name is Francesca.

I would like some help translating the marriage record. I have been able to make some of it out, I think :wink:

Page 2
The birth record for Domenica Guardi
Her mother is Francesca Giovenco. Does it say she was 28 years old when Domenica was born?? YES Her father is Antonino Guardi. Was his age 31?? YES

Page 3
Birth record for Rosario Imbroito
Parents Francesco Imbroito Age 41, and Angela Ugo, age 40. I am having trouble making out anything else on this page.
Born 1 October at 2 PM

Thank you for your help,
Deb

T. :-)

Debid76
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Debid76 » 11 Jul 2012, 04:07

Thank you!!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”