Translate italian coat of arms to english

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
pepperpalmer

Translate italian coat of arms to english

Postby pepperpalmer » 17 Jul 2012, 04:36

We have had this coat of arms in our family for quite some time....any help in translating it is very much appreciated....some very tough handwriting and script here.....family appreciates any help.

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/256/cannusciocoatofarms1.jpg//url]

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translate italian coat of arms to english

Postby adelfio » 18 Jul 2012, 16:12

Your link to imageshack is not working

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

pepperpalmer

Postby pepperpalmer » 26 Jul 2012, 13:45

Adelfio
Appreciate your help...sorry for the tardy response...not sure how to embed the photo into the message but here is the web address....anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/25 ... arms1.jpg/

Lucap
Master
Master

Postby Lucap » 26 Jul 2012, 19:11

L'attendibilità delle informazioni contenute in questo tipo di "foglietti" è prossima allo zero: io non ci perderei tempo nemmeno a tradurlo, anche perché, ammesso che le informazioni siano vere, non è possibile sapere se riguardino proprio la sua famiglia.
L.

pepperpalmer

Postby pepperpalmer » 27 Jul 2012, 03:58

Can someone translate this into English.....I believe that lucap above suggests that possibly the information contained in the coat of arms may be untrue I still desire to understand and make those assumptions myself.....can anyone take the time to translate it? It would be much appreciated

Marty

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 27 Jul 2012, 07:38

He says that even if they were true, that doesn't mean they are referred to your family. Such sheets are usually sold in fairs, and give general info about surnames; in particular, of course, they refer to noble families with that surname.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

pepperpalmer

Postby pepperpalmer » 27 Jul 2012, 12:03

Pippo
I understand....is it time consuming to translate the coat of arms? I certainly understand that it may not reference my particular family.......it is very common to see these coat of arms offered and I have had a sense ...but as I know, my family surname my not be that common and therefore it may reveal some very interesting information of some "family" with my surname....either way I think it is something that I wish to pursue to assist any research I may do....thank you for any help

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 29 Jul 2012, 22:02

"Proveniendo dal territorio veneto, questa casata diramata nelle regioni meridionali, fu meritatamente nota. Fu padrona di molti villaggi e la Serenissima l'investì della giurisdizione di Vereaglio, Oblizza e Schriò (?). Tra i molti nomi meritevoli di ricordo, citiamo Andrea che fu in Cividale Rettore, Candido che acquistò il castello di Ottobono, Elvino che acquistò la terra di Selza e fu prode capitano, alla testa di invitte armate che operarono in Dalmazia e nel Regno di Napoli.
Le antiche carte segnano il cognome sotto la forma di Canuscio e cannuscio per diversità fonetiche.
xxxx estratta dall'opere di G.B. Crollalanza e Dizionario Storico Blasonico, e note da varie fonti.
(just a little time to translate...)

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 29 Jul 2012, 22:31

Coming from Veneto, this lineage branched out to southern regions, and was deservedly well known. They were owners of several villages, and the Serenissima (the city of Venice) invested them with the jurisdiction of Vereaglio, Oblizza and Scriò. Among the numerous names worth remembering, we mention Andrea, who was Rector in Cividale, Candido who bought the castle of Ottobono, Elvino who bought the land of Selza and was a brave captain, who headed undefeated armies in Dalmazia and the Kingdom of Naples.
The ancient papers mark the surname under the forms Canuscio and Cannuscio, because of phonetic differences.
Info taken from the works of G.B. Crollalanza and the Historical Blazon Dictionary, and known from various sources.

pepperpalmer

Postby pepperpalmer » 30 Jul 2012, 11:36

Pippo
Thank you so much....for taking the time....to translate for me....this website is great and is so because of people like you.....thanks again

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 30 Jul 2012, 13:42

You're welcome! :wink:

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”