birth record help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran

birth record help

Postby bvbellomo » 20 Jul 2012, 22:43

I am getting better at reading, but still have some trouble.

Attached is a birth record.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3322562/AndreaBirth.jpg

I understand the first part is the record number, year, date and community of the birth.

The 2nd part is the father (Liborio Albanase), his age (30), profession (butcher) and residence (Polizzi).

The next part confuses me. It starts with his wife's name and age. It then has domiciliata with a location I can't read, which isn't Polizzi. Canyra maybe? Is that were the mother lives?

Then we have what looks like another name I can't read (after "e da"), his age profession and residence. Who is he?

The right hand side just has more recording information, until it has the name of the baby, Andrea Albanese.

I mainly want to know where the mother is from if she isn't from Polizzi, and if the 3rd person is someone relevant (another relative) or someone I can ignore (the doctor, an official, etc). But I also want to get better at this so I don't need so much help. Thanks for helping me.

dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: birth record help

Postby dragoni » 21 Jul 2012, 01:10

come sopra = as above. means from the same town.

other part is not another name but rather noting that he (the father mentioned above) declares (lui dichiarate), same age, same place (come sopra again)...

right side is baptism record, left side is civil birth record.

tom

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: birth record help

Postby adelfio » 21 Jul 2012, 14:18

The church is Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore in Polizzi

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”