need help with latin translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

need help with latin translation

Post by stellina13 »

I'm so glad I discovered this site. I was born in Italy and came to America at the age of 2. Through the years I've gone back many times to visit as I still have many family members that live in Castelvecchio Subequo, provincia L'Aquila.

I could really use some help translating my 6th great grandfather's death record.
I was able to translate some of it, I believe he died on October 12, 1797 at the age of 70.

Is there any mention of who his parents were or any other pertinent information that might help?

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at the record.

the link is below and it's the record on the right hand side.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: need help with latin translation

Post by Lucap »

Il giorno 12 del mese di ottobre 1797
Carlo Paolini di questa terra, della sua età di anni 70, in casa sua ed in comunione con Santa Madre Chiesa rese l'anima a Dio ieri mattina circa all'ora diciassettesima, privo dei sacramenti poiché la sua morte accadde all'improvviso, e solamente con assoluzione di me arcipresbitero curato Liborio Semperlotti che giunsi proprio nel momento in cui morì; il suo cadavere quella sera fu portato in San Francesco, il giorno seguente lì fu sepolto; nella fede delle quali cose ecc

Luca
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stellina13 »

Luca, Grazie moltissimo!!!!
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

;)