Concetta Antista Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Concetta Antista Birth Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone!
I am researching the Antista family from Polizzi Generosa for my husband's ancestry. I found his great-aunt Concetta's birth record. Can someone please translate the birth record for me with as much detail as possible. I am specifically looking to confirm her parents name and the date of birth as well as a possible address in Polizzi Generosa.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :268002499

Thank you again, for your much appreciated assistance!
Italianbella
Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Concetta Antista Birth Record

Post by adelfio »

INDEX #227
1881 Nov 1st birth of Concetta Antista daughter of Cusmano Antista age 40 Pastore (shepherd) and Giuseppa Armano in house at vicolo Piana in Polizzi Generosa

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you very much Marty. I also just posted a link for my huband's grandfather. I am curious to see if the address matches vicolo Piana in Polizzi Generosa. This is all so fascinating. I wish I could go back for one day and see them and how they all lived.
Sue
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Annabanana125

Post by Annabanana125 »

Hi sue
My grandmother'sname was conchetta antista born in geraci Palermo in 1867. Married Dominico dongarro in 1900. They moved from Palermo; and arrived through Louisiana, where my dad was born. Then they moved to Colorado. Then landed in Los Angeles where they passed away.
Since the names are so similar, I'm wondering if you've come across this spelling in your research.

I'm very new at this, so any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Ann: I am so happy to meet you. I have done extensive research on the Antista name, both in Geraci Siculo and Polizzi Generosa. I know there are relatives of my husband's family in California. We need to see if there are any connections between the two families. If you would like to see my tree on myheritage.com, please send me your email address. I can then send you an email containing an invitation to view my tree without restrictions. My email address is suzayn3455@aol.com. I have three trees I am currently working on. They are Visaggio/Sciancalepore (my paternal side), Griffo/Incognito (my maternal side), and Antista/Guido (my husband's side). I have taken the Antista name in his family back to the late 1700's. I can definitely guide you in your research.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sue Antista

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bvbellomo »

Concetta was named after her grandmother, Concetta Albanese. Her father was Salvatore Albanese. I'd be interested to know if you have his parents.

Concetta's other grandmother was 'Anna Valenza'. I'd be interested to know if she has any ties to Polizzi, as this is a Polizzi name.