Help with birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help with birth record

Postby tomtst » 28 Aug 2012, 02:02

I don't know if anyone will be able to read this due to the quality but here goes. It appears to be a birth record I see some familiar names. Michele Corrado and Grazia DiDio (they were husband and wife my gggrandparents) above Michele is Generoso Bonetti, Bonetti is a family name but not until Michele's daughter married a Bonetti so I don't know Generoso's connection. The date appears to be 18 ?7 I cant make all of it out. Is the child's name Carlo Saverio Corrado? Actually Michael's son in laws father was Generoso Bonetti he was about 15 years younger than Michele.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N ... /lightbox/

Thank You
Tom
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with birth record

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Aug 2012, 02:38

H Tom,

This image is the bottom of a marriage record.

It indicates that the birth acts of the spouses were received that day.
Then it appears to state that at this act were Generosa Bonetti and ???? (can't read this name clearly) the parents of the bride; and Michele Corrado and Grazia Di Dio the parents of the groom; they give their consent to the marriage.
The official read the act to the participants and only the witnesses signed below with him because the others were illiterate.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby tomtst » 28 Aug 2012, 03:46

Thank You T, I thought it might have been only part of the record I had it mixed in with the wrong family documents and thought it was part of a birth record. Generoso Bonetti and Maria Concetta Pico are actually the parents of the groom and Michele and Grazia are the parents of the bride. Thanks again Now I know where it belongs.
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Aug 2012, 03:57

Ah, yes.... I misread the "sposo" and "sposa" :oops:

BUT...Glad to have helped! :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1