birth record help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

birth record help

Postby bvbellomo » 29 Aug 2012, 15:23

Attached is the birth record (in the lower right) of my great-great-grandfather, Vincenzo Ferreri.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3322562/records/Firrera%20Vincenzo%20Birth.jpg

I can read a lot of this, but not all of it. He was born 4 years before his father (Antonio) married his mother (Pasquala Ciraulo). I wanted to know if this explains why.

There are also some other names. I see Michele Schimmente fu Gandolfo, who is another ancestor, but I don't understand why he is on this record since he is on a different branch of my family tree. Is his age listed as 35? I see a lot of other names, most are unfamiliar names. Who were these people?

Also, I see he was born in February, but I can't find the day.
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: birth record help

Postby adelfio » 29 Aug 2012, 16:16

1869 Feb 12 at 8:00am in the town of Polizzi in the quarter of Santa Maria Maggiore Antonio Ferreri age 26 son of deceased Vincenzo Ferreri with his wife Pasqula Ciraulo age 24 daughter of deceased Giuseppe Ciraulo gave birth to a baby boy named Vincenzo Ferreri
Witnesses to the signing of the record
Michele Schimmente son of Gandolfo age 35
Rosario Barbarisco age 50
The only one the signed the record was the civil official

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby bvbellomo » 29 Aug 2012, 18:03

Thanks. What is the word for 'wife' in this document? I keep looking for 'moglie' but can't find it.

Gandolfo was deceased, correct?

Do you see any places other than Polizzi Generosa in this record?
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby adelfio » 29 Aug 2012, 18:08

adelfio wrote:1869 Feb 12 at 8:00am in the town of Polizzi in the quarter of Santa Maria Maggiore Antonio Ferreri age 26 son of deceased Vincenzo Ferreri with Pasqula Ciraulo age 24 daughter of deceased Giuseppe Ciraulo gave birth to a baby boy named Vincenzo Ferreri
Witnesses to the signing of the record
Michele Schimmente son of deceased Gandolfo age 35
Rosario Barbarisco age 50
The only one the signed the record was the civil official

It says da Pasqula Ciraulo you are right it doesnt say moglie :lol:

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations