Requesting Marriage Certificate from Baveno

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Requesting Marriage Certificate from Baveno

Post by KSRattazzi »

I have used this letter, with repeated success, to Baveno. I had to make an alternation to it, however, in that I do not know when/where exactly Battista Migliarina is born. I'm also not even certain that they were married in Baveno but their daughter was born there in 1873 (I guess I could write that in there also). Is this worded appropriately?

Il sottoscritto, OSWALD, Jamie,
discendente del Sig. MIGLIARINA, Battista 
nato a ITALIA.
chiede cortesemente il rilascio di un:
ATTO DI MATRIMONIO CON FERRARIO, FIORA
in carta semplice e con le eventuali annotazioni marginali.
Se Lei ha qualche domande, per piacere mi manda una e-mail a questo indirizzo:
oswald.genealogy@gmail.com
Cordialmente,

THANKS for the input!!!!!!!!
Jamie Oswald
Researching surnames Rattazzi, Migliarina and Ferrario in the Novara province of Piedmont.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Requesting Marriage Certificate from Baveno

Post by adelfio »

Jamie have you checked the micro films of Family History Library for Baveno (Novara), 1866-1899 before sending for the marriage record
https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fh ... i+Baveno+2++

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

KSRattazzi wrote:I have used this letter, with repeated success, to Baveno. I had to make an alternation to it, however, in that I do not know when/where exactly Battista Migliarina is born. I'm also not even certain that they were married in Baveno but their daughter was born there in 1873 (I guess I could write that in there also). Is this worded appropriately?

Il sottoscritto, OSWALD, Jamie,
discendente del Sig. MIGLIARINA, Battista 
nato a ITALIA.
chiede cortesemente il rilascio di un:
ATTO DI MATRIMONIO CON FERRARIO, FIORA
in carta semplice e con le eventuali annotazioni marginali.
Se Lei ha qualche domande, per piacere mi manda una e-mail a questo indirizzo:
Cordialmente,

THANKS for the input!!!!!!!!

Do you have this daughter's birth record? It SHOULD indicate the place of birth of each of the parents. Marriages USUSALLY took place in the town of the bride... but the banns would have been posted in both the town of the bride AND the town of the groom.

T.
KSRattazzi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KSRattazzi »

Marty, yes I have but it's been years. I likely was only focusing on the last name RATTAZZI and never Migliarina so anything of the sort of unfortunately ignored. I probably need to revisit that document.

Tessa, I have the birth record but it does not reveal the birth places of her parents. I was going to take a stab in the dark that it would work. I have had luck with Baveno but not so much with Oleggio Castello.
Jamie Oswald
Researching surnames Rattazzi, Migliarina and Ferrario in the Novara province of Piedmont.