help with this translation please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

help with this translation please

Postby stellina13 » 16 Sep 2012, 19:15

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I understand the person Giacomo Antonio Luigi was born/baptized June 20, 1808; era il figlio di Pasquale. I understand that his mother is Maria Domenica Giammarco e veniva da Molina

I also understand that Pasqaule era il figlio di Pietro but the next line "de Joanne Gregorio" I don't understand. Is Joanne Giovanni or Giovanna? and who is this person in relation to the others?

Thank you so much for taking a look :)
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Di Braccio, Facchini, Giangregorio, Bianchi, Pignatelli, Simonella, Colangelo, Musti, Acconcia, Amorosi, Grossi - Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.
stellina13
Rookie
Rookie

Re: help with this translation please

Postby liviomoreno » 16 Sep 2012, 19:40

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that "Joanne Gregorio" = "Giamgregorio" which is the surname of Giacomo Antonio Luigi.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 16 Sep 2012, 19:44

"Joanne Gregorio" is the family surname in Latin same as "Giangregorio" in Italian at the bottom, since this is a Latin baptism record for the groom that was used his marriage to Elisabetta Salutario Aug 23, 1832. The de in front may indicate that the surname at one time was "De Joanne Gregorio."
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby stellina13 » 16 Sep 2012, 20:09

Thank you so much!
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Di Braccio, Facchini, Giangregorio, Bianchi, Pignatelli, Simonella, Colangelo, Musti, Acconcia, Amorosi, Grossi - Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.
stellina13
Rookie
Rookie

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations