which is the correct marriage date?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

which is the correct marriage date?

Post by stellina13 »

Look at the marriage document I have attached. There is the "atto di solenne promessa di celebrare il matrimonio" and then on the far right side is what I believe is the "church record" Which one is the correct marriage date? May 9 or May 17. I think I may have been putting in the wrong dates all this time :cry:
Attachments
1860 raffaele polidoro e filomena gavita marriage.jpg
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: which is the correct marriage date?

Post by liviomoreno »

In this case May 17th.
The main document, dated May 9 is the official marriage promise. The column on the right side gives the actual date of the marriage
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

Re: which is the correct marriage date?

Post by stellina13 »

Menumale! grazie molto, I did it correctly :) I thought I inputted all those dates incorrectly.
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily