Death Act help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Death Act help

Postby VaDeb » 01 Feb 2005, 23:29

Below is the death record of Calogera Falzone. Can anyone read the day the act was recorded. August ? 1878. The act before this was Aug 11th and the one after was Aug 19th.

Any help with the house number is also appreciated. Both are marked with a red ?# above the word.

It is interesting that her father is Cataldo Falzone and mother is Michela Falzone, both deceased. I have not found any other individuals with the same parents. I wonder is Michela's maiden name was the same as her married name, or is this a mistake. Hopefully further research will reveal the answer.

Thanks Debbie

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Death Act help

Postby ptimber » 02 Feb 2005, 00:23

It has to be either diciannove o ventinove (19 or 29). The other is "senza" =no number. There are only 31 days in a month and the nove at the end is to pronounced, for me at any rate, to say anything else. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby VaDeb » 02 Feb 2005, 00:57

Hi Peter,
senza = no number That makes sense. I was looking for a number or zero.

I know the acts are to be recorded daily. You shouldn't find an act recorded on the 12th and the next on the 10th. I am not referring to the date the event occured, but the date recorded.

I agree that the number ends with a 9. I just can't see the diece or venti. I know the person died between the 13 - 19 of August. The exact date isn't that important, I was just fustrated that I could match what I was seeing with the limited choices of calander dates. Thanks for looking.

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 02 Feb 2005, 01:01

Me too. I could not make out the first part but it had to be diciannove or Ventinove logically. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations