1838 Marriage record-Vincenzo Lo Grande

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

1838 Marriage record-Vincenzo Lo Grande

Postby Haztek » 24 Sep 2012, 22:39

Vincenzo Lo Grande & Carmiela (?) Lombardo
At 9 PM on 22 April 1838 before Don Bartolomeo Natoli, Mayor of the Comune of Raccuja, District of Patti, Messina, appeared Vincenzo Lo Grande, age 24, born in Raccuja, District of Patti, Messina, profession of farmer, living in Raccuja, son of the deceased Carmelo, profession of farmer, lived in Raccuja while alive, and the deceased Concetta Tripoli, profession of (filandiera) weaver/spinner, lived in Raccuja while alive, AND Carmiela (?) Lombardo, age 19, born in Raccuja, living in Raccuja, daughter of the deceased Francesco, profession of farmer, lived in Raccuja while alive, and Santa Discesi, profession of weaver/spinner, lived in Raccuja while alive.

Married in the church on 24 April 1838
Witnesses: Gaetano Munforti and Antonino La Cava

Witnesses: (Mro) Maestro Carmelo Dintauzi (?), age 72, profession of (manfagio ?), living in Raccuja.
Sebastiano Tripoli, age 60, profession of farmer, living in Raccuja
Giuseppe Di Gregorio Siliao (?), age 48, profession of farmer, living in Raccuja.
Vincenzo Leone Gatto, age 24, farmer, living in Raccuja.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/hwlg52phb/
http://postimage.org/image/com2ojo6x/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
Haztek
Master
Master

Re: 1838 Marriage record-Vincenzo Lo Grande

Postby erudita74 » 24 Sep 2012, 23:17

So far I have:

Bride: Carmela Lombardo

The witness Maestro Carmelo- surname was Pintauri

I believe the occupation is murifabro, which should be spelled murifabbro-I believe this is the same as the word muratore or bricklayer or mason. I think muratore is the more modern term for the occupation.
erudita74
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations