Help with 1924 Birth Record Caruso

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help with 1924 Birth Record Caruso

Postby DP17 » 29 Sep 2012, 02:47

Could someone please help me complete the details I am missing?

Also interesting that the midwife give a different house number than the other record I posted where her brother was born at home the previous year. Is this likely a mistake by the midwife recording the birth or is there any indication that the child was born at someone else's house?

http://oi49.tinypic.com/25oxk5c.jpg

Birth Record of Giovanna Caruso

Recorded on May 10, 1924 at 8:30am in the town hall
The official was Giuseppe Cavalli, lawyer and Mayor of San Giovanni La Punta

The informant Angela Scalini age 43 occupation midwife and residing in this town has declared that the birth occurred on May 8, 1924 at 1:10am in the home at Via Piano Lupo #13.

The mother is Maria Zappala, a housewife, married to Carmelo Caruso, occupation shoemaker age 30 and living in this town.

The baby was of the feminine sex and named Giovanna

Witnesses were Alfio Ali age 46???? peasant farmer and Giovanni Sento age 78 manual laborer. (These ages vary quite a bit from the ages of 50 and 70 for the birth the previous year. Was that common?)

Would love help with the next paragraph. I do see at the very end it has the standard boilerplate of stating it was read and those who were able to, the midwife, signed and the others were illiterate.
DP17
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with 1924 Birth Record Caruso

Postby PippoM » 29 Sep 2012, 13:54

DP17 wrote:Could someone please help me complete the details I am missing?

Also interesting that the midwife give a different house number than the other record I posted where her brother was born at home the previous year. Is this likely a mistake by the midwife recording the birth or is there any indication that the child was born at someone else's house?

http://oi49.tinypic.com/25oxk5c.jpg

Birth Record of Giovanna Caruso

Recorded on May 10, 1924 at 8:30am in the town hall
The official was Giuseppe Cavalli, lawyer and Mayor of San Giovanni La Punta

The informant Angela Scalini age 43 occupation midwife and residing in this town has declared that the birth occurred on May 8, 1924 at 110:10am in the home at Via Piano Lupo #13.

The mother is Maria Zappalà, a housewife, married to Carmelo Caruso, occupation shoemaker age 30 and living in this town.

The baby was of the feminine sex and named Giovanna

Witnesses were Alfio Ali age 46exact peasant farmer and Giovanni Scutoage 78 manual laborer. (These ages vary quite a bit from the ages of 50 and 70 for the birth the previous year. Was that common?)Yes, it was. The clerk sometimes just guessed the age of witnesses

Would love help with the next paragraph. I do see at the very end it has the standard boilerplate of stating it was read and those who were able to, the midwife, signed and the others were illiterate.it states the declarer was a witness of the birth, as it was her work, and she declared the birth, as the child's father was away from the village for work
[/quote]
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical searches in Italy.
Translation of your old documents and letters.
Legal assistance for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Help with 1924 Birth Record Caruso

Postby DP17 » 29 Sep 2012, 18:04

Thank you!
DP17
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations