A bit of translation on birth record?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
CMB

A bit of translation on birth record?

Post by CMB »

I believe I just found my Great Grandmothers Birth Record and have tried to translate a bit online, but can't quite make sense of it all. I was hoping that I could get at least a translation of any names and relationships and dates to confirm this is the correct record.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks much!

Ciao,
Cory
Attachments
ggm-birth.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: A bit of translation on birth record?

Post by erudita74 »

Birth record is dated Jan 28, 1880 at 8 a.m.

Informant was Leonardo D'Agruma, age 53, a peasant/farmer living in S. Marco in Lamis. He declared to the town official that at 3 a.m. on the 29th of the current month, in the house at #4 via Mazzeo, was born an infant of feminine sex to his wife, Maria De Cata, a peasant/farmer, who was living with him. It was this infant that he was presenting to the town official and to whom the name Maria Concetta was being given.

There were two witnesses to the presentation. I can't decipher the first part of the first witness's first name, but the second part was Antonio Tenace, age 33, a peasant/farmer. The second witness was Antonio Limonsani, age 40, same occupation.

There is a marriage notation in the margin. She married M. Concetto Tenace on Feb 1, 1906, record #27. He had been born on 8/22/1878, record #455.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote:Birth record is dated Jan 28, 1880 at 8 a.m.

Informant was Leonardo D'Agruma, age 43, a peasant/farmer living in S. Marco in Lamis. He declared to the town official that at 3 a.m. on the 27th of the current month, in the house at #4 via Mazzeo, was born an infant of feminine sex to his wife, Mariantonia De Cata, a peasant/farmer, who was living with him. It was this infant that he was presenting to the town official and to whom the name Maria Concetta was being given.

There were two witnesses to the presentation. Carminantonio Tenace, age 33, a peasant/farmer. The second witness was Antonio Limonsani, age 40, same occupation.

There is a marriage notation in the margin. She married M. Camillo Tenace on Feb 1, 1906, record #27. He had been born on 8/22/1878, record #455.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks, Livio. Guess I didn't get enough sleep last night.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

:)