1817 Birth Record-Bernarda Maria

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

1817 Birth Record-Bernarda Maria

Postby Haztek » 17 Oct 2012, 21:22

Record #12
At hour 16 (4 pm) on day 5 of February 1817 before Michele Buonnano, Mayor in the Comune of Cervinara, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Don First Name (?) Girardi, age 34, profession of (?), living in the aforesaid Comune, Casale Salamoni, was born to his legitimate wife Maria Bove, age 30, at 8 AM a female child named Bernarda Maria.
Witnesses: Barto (?), age 22, profession of (benestarte) rich person, living in (come sopra) as above, & fortunato Cioffi, age 36, profession of rich person, living in (come sopra) as above.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/ke39npxjf/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
Haztek
Master
Master

Re: 1817 Birth Record-Bernarda Maria

Postby erudita74 » 17 Oct 2012, 22:34

Haztek wrote:Record #12
At hour 16 (4 pm) on day 5 of February 1817 before Michele Buonnano, Mayor in the Comune of Cervinara, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Don First Name (?) Girardi, age 34, profession of (?), living in the aforesaid Comune, Casale Salamoni, was born to his legitimate wife Maria Bove, age 30, at 8 AM a female child named Bernarda Maria.
Witnesses: Barto (?), age 22, profession of (benestarte) rich person, living in (come sopra) as above, & fortunato Cioffi, age 36, profession of rich person, living in (come sopra) as above.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/ke39npxjf/

Girardi was Don Scipione. I can't make out his profession. Actually I think he was a notaio or notary.

The witness you have as Barto was Bartolomeo de Simone. I know you know his profession is benestante, and you just spelled it incorrectly above.
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 17 Oct 2012, 22:42

I have a habit of mixing up n and r. I thought I could "see" Simone, but I was not sure.
thanks,
jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
Haztek
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 17 Oct 2012, 22:43

You're welcome. Also I'm glad I saw the occupation after I hit the submit button. The handwriting just initially threw me off.
erudita74
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations