1817 Birth Record-Salvadore Viola

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1817 Birth Record-Salvadore Viola

Post by Haztek »

Record # ?
At 10 AM on day 21 of August 1817, before Michele Buonanni, Mayor of the Comune of Cervinara, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Nunzio Viola, age 31, laborer, living in the aforesaid Comune, Casale Cioffi, was born to his legitimate wife Maria Taddeo, age 30, on 21 (?) July.a male child names Salvadore.
Witnesses: Bartolomeo De Simone, age 22, profession of (benestrante) rich person, living in (come sopra) as above, and Francesco (?) last name (?), age 30, rich person, living in (come sopra) as above.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/5dkv9zwd3/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1817 Birth Record-Salvadore Viola

Post by erudita74 »

Haztek wrote:Record # ?
At 10 AM on day 21 of August 1817, before Michele Buonanni, Mayor of the Comune of Cervinara, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Nunzio Viola, age 31, laborer, living in the aforesaid Comune, Casale Cioffi, was born to his legitimate wife Maria Taddeo, age 30, on 21 (?) July.a male child names Salvadore.
Witnesses: Bartolomeo De Simone, age 22, profession of (benestrante) rich person, living in (come sopra) as above, and Francesco (?) last name (?), age 30, rich person, living in (come sopra) as above.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/5dkv9zwd3/

Birth record #90 dated Aug 1, 1817.

The child's name is spelled as Salvatore and not Salvadore in this record.

The father Nunzio Viola was age 33, not 31.

The second witness-first name looks like Fabrizio (which is a first name, but I am not sure this is what is in the record or was a common first name in this town). His surname was Contorsi, age 30, a benestante (everytime you type that word, you change the spelling of it).
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

I think its time for me to quit for today!!!! (tired)
Thanks so much and I will try to get the spelling correct for "rich person" :)

jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
I'm tired too. I see you posted another record, so I'll give it a try before I call it quits too.
Erudita