Clara Sciancalepore

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Clara Sciancalepore

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1764954553

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1764954553

I came across a death record for a Clara Sciancalepore in Familysearch.org for Molfetta (Allegati vari 1910). Can someone please translate for me as I'd like to see if I can place Clara in my family tree.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Clara Sciancalepore

Post by erudita74 »

She died at age 3 on Nov 29, 1905. Her father's name, Giuseppe, is only given on the cover sheet. There are no parents' names in the record itself. The record states she was buried in the communal(?) cemetery. I can't decipher any other info, but I do see the word, which I believe is Fauloni at the end, and I am not sure to what that refers.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you so very much for your time.
Sue
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Sorry I can't do better with the Latin. I think S. Matris Ecclesiae refers to the holy mother church, but am not 100% on this.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote:She died at age 3 on Nov 29, 1905. Her father's name, Giuseppe, is only given on the cover sheet. There are no parents' names in the record itself. The record states she was buried in the communal(?) cemetery. I can't decipher any other info, but I do see the word, which I believe is Fauloni at the end, and I am not sure to what that refers.
The name in the record is "Clara Josephi Sciancalepore"="Clara (daughter) of Joseph Sciancalepore"
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks, Livio. I don't remember all of the cases and rules in Latin. It's been too many years since I've had formal instruction in that language.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you. I tried logging on earlier to thank you, but there was something wrong and I couldn't log in all weekend. I have gotten very far with my research. There are a few things that I need clarified and I'll try to get the links up tomorrow after work. I was able to go back 5 generations with the records from that site.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA