Death record Clementina Catalano need translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Death record Clementina Catalano need translation

Post by lilbees »

This is not a very good copy of the record. Very faded and unable to really discern the appropriate information. The indices indicates father-Salvatore, mother-Angela.

Death year 1879

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... th1879.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Death record Clementina Catalano need translation

Post by adelfio »

Tough one
1879 Feb 10th appeared Pietro Agostino 50 farmer and Calogero ??? age 40 sulfur miner declared the death of Clementina Catalano age 54 midwife daughter of deceased Salvatore Catalano and deceased Angela Nigro??

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Marty. The mother's name is Angela Mauro. I knew this was tough but you did much better than I.

Thank you again.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

adelfio wrote:Tough one
1879 Feb 10th appeared Pietro Agostino 50 farmer and Calogero ??? age 40 sulfur miner declared the death of Clementina Catalano age 54 midwife daughter of deceased Salvatore Catalano and deceased Angela Nigro??

Marty
Clementina was age 44, not 54, and was the wife of Liborio Coffaro. I believe she was a cucitrice, or seamstress

Calogero's surname looks like Astuto.

The reporting of the death took place on the 6th of the month of Feb at 9 a.m. (the word minutes follows this, but there doesn't appear to any number there). The death took place on the 5th of Feb at 6 P.M. Record # 20.

The other thing is that the death took place in the town of Grotte in Agrigento Province. That is the town which communicated the information about the death. The informants were in this town as well. Clementina was living in Grotte but had been born in Lercara Friddi.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you so much. You have great eyes. Much better than mine. :wink:

lilbees
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Thank you so much. You have great eyes. Much better than mine. :wink:

lilbees

You're very welcome. Glad I could clarify the info in the record for you.
Erudita