Help with pubblicazione

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help with pubblicazione

Postby ginaruiz1998 » 05 Apr 2013, 18:25

Can someone please help with the handwritten paragraph of this pubblicazione? I know it's giving me names of grandparents but I need this clarified! I *think* it's giving me the bride's paternal grandparents as Andrea Salerno and Maria (D'Angio)??? and the maternal grandparents as Antonino Puleo and Anna Morana....but then there is a part that says "Pasquale" and I'm not too sure what that mean! If anyone has the time to take a look and help me I would appreciate it!

Grazie,
Gina

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1328397044
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with pubblicazione

Postby JohnArmellino » 05 Apr 2013, 22:32

...but then there is a part that says "Pasquale" and I'm not too sure what that mean!

I'm not sure where you see the name Pasquale. Perhaps it's the phrase after Anna Morena is named as the maternal grandmother of the bride? If so, that phrase reads as follows: "...la quale stante la mancanza degli altri ascendenti." It translates as: "...which given the lack of other ascendants."

I believe that you have correctly identified all of the bride's grandparents (although it appears that Antonino Puleo is incorrectly identified in the record as the paternal grandfather).
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby ginaruiz1998 » 05 Apr 2013, 22:53

Thank you for helping! I'm trying to learn....and it gets difficult at times! So then who is Antonino Puleo....is he then not Rosa's grandfather? Also...am I reading "comune di Solunta" correctly? Is that the conundrum where the Atto di mortis were filed?
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JohnArmellino » 06 Apr 2013, 00:33

ginaruiz1998 wrote:Thank you for helping! I'm trying to learn....and it gets difficult at times! So then who is Antonino Puleo....is he then not Rosa's grandfather? Also...am I reading "comune di Solunta" correctly? Is that the conundrum where the Atto di mortis were filed?

It appears to me that Antonino Puleo is Rosalia Puleo's father, and therefore, Francesca Salerno's maternal grandfather. However, the record identifies him as "avo paterno della sposa", which I think is an error.

I believe the record refers to "comune di Solanto", which I believe was a comune prior to the unification of Italy but is now a frazione of the comune di Santa Flavia. Salunto was an ancient city that was originally founded by the Phoenicians. The frazione of Solanto is the approximate location of this ancient city.

The record states that Rosalia Puleo and Maria D'Angio died in the comune of Solanto, while Vincenzo Salerno, Andrea Salerno, and Antonino Puleo died in the comune of Bagheria. Solanto and Bagheria are only about a mile apart. The Registri dello stato civile di Sòlanto (Palermo), 1820-1861, has been filmed by the LDS. The Registri dello stato civile di Bagheria (Palermo), 1820-1903, and the Registri ecclesiastici di Palermo (Palermo), 1449-1894, have also been filmed by the LDS. All of these records should help you in your research.
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations