Problem with original birth record-Francesca Piazza

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Problem with original birth record-Francesca Piazza

Post by lilbees »

It took a while but I think I have figured this out. I believe a correction was made to the copy of the birth record enclosed with the Allegati of her first marriage to Filippo Castronovo who died a year after marriage and done for her second marriage to Antonino Castronovo brother of Filippo.

This is the Allegati for her second marriage to Antonino Castronovo:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n189737781

This is the birth record that was enclosed with the Allegati of her first marriage to Filippo Castronovo.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 4864f6.jpg

Note that the first name of Francesca was left off this copy.

Would someone like to confirm what my thinking is please.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Problem with original birth record-Francesca Piazza

Post by PippoM »

Yes, actually there are some differences between the two. But both are just certificates, that is, transcriptions of the original one. And that is what you should ask for. What I find really puzzling is Francesca's name missing in the first certificate. You mean the name was Francesca in the banns and marriage act, and Teresa in the certificate, as I could see?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Problem with original birth record-Francesca Piazza

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Pippo, that is correct. The problem lay when Francesca went to remarry following her first husband's death. Each of the publications had her name different. Following the corrections in the Allegati, the final marriage record was correct in listing her as Francesca Teresa Maria Crocifissa Piazza.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa