Luigi Capadonna - Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Luigi Capadonna - Death Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone!

I found a death record of a Luigi Capadonna, who is a direct ancestor (5 generations). He is actually the father of my great-great grandfather, Carmelo Capadonna. I have Luigi married to a Giovanna Palazzolo (sp ?). From what I can read of this document, the death was on June 5, 1857. He was married to a Giovanna (can't make out the last name). However, I think this might be my ancestor because his son's wife is Venera Matafu and her father was Franceso Matafu, who is listed on the record.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I hope that is not too confusing. If anyone can translate the above record for me, I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Luigi Capadonna - Death Record

Post by liviomoreno »

Luigi Cappadona (not Capadonna) died in Montagnareale on June 4 1857, aged 70, born in Patti. Husband of Giovanna Pisciaro
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Luigi Capadonna - Death Record

Post by PippoM »

Sue,
I wouldn't be so sure this is your ancestor. His wife's name here is Giovanna Pisciaro (?), and parents are not listed. In small towns there used to be people with the same names. For instance, this one might be a cousin of your ancestor, whose wife was also named Giovanna (a quite common name). You better look for more evidence.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.