1874 birth record translation assistance, please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

1874 birth record translation assistance, please

Postby 295tro » 02 May 2013, 20:24

I'd very much appreciate help from anybody who is able to translate this birth record for Rosaria Spallone. Here's a Google album link which will allow for significant enlargement (click on the image thumbnail, then click on the magnifying glass icon, then use the enlargement slider tool on lower right of page): http://tinyurl.com/bvsppmh

Thank you in advance!
295tro

Re: 1874 birth record translation assistance, please

Postby 295tro » 02 May 2013, 22:35

PS: I was able to pick out bits of info with Google Translate, but nothing on which I'd hang my hat. (Record made on April 10, 1874?...Born April 9 at 8am?...Daughter of Saverio Spallone?) The exact details are obviously too important for that approach, and one of the things that I cannot find but hope is mentioned is where the father is from. That's a point that may help confirm this to be the correct nati record.
295tro

Postby Tessa78 » 02 May 2013, 23:19

295tro wrote:PS: I was able to pick out bits of info with Google Translate, but nothing on which I'd hang my hat. (Record made on April 10, 1874?...Born April 9 at 8am?...Daughter of Saverio Spallone?) The exact details are obviously too important for that approach, and one of the things that I cannot find but hope is mentioned is where the father is from. That's a point that may help confirm this to be the correct nati record.

Good job!

Record # 25
Dated 10 April 1874 at 9 in the morning
Appearing before the official was Saverio Spallone, son of deceased Giuseppe Nicola; age 46, landowner; who presented a female child he declared was born on the 9th of April at 8 ini the morning to his wife, Francesca di Lecce, daughter of Vincenzo; age 41 and living with him (Saverio) in the place they inhabit at Terra Vecchia, and the child was given the name Maria Rosaria.
The presentation and declaration were witnessed by Signor Giovanni Porrazzi(?) of deceased Signor Santino, landowner of age 30; and by Francesco Parrella of deceased Salvatore, 33 years old landowner.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby 295tro » 03 May 2013, 00:06

Thank you, Tessa!!! The details you translated are fantastic! (Alas, I still have work to do in the quest for truth. In relation to other records, the month of April is perfect, the day is only slightly off, but 1874 is between one and two years too early. And there are no other Rosaria Spallone births recorded in Macchia [Valfortore] until 1878 in the month of....April! Bah!!!)
295tro

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations