Help with name and cause of death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help with name and cause of death

Postby gemellua » 08 May 2013, 17:51

Need help to decipher the surname of the deceased. I can make out the first name of Filippo. Surname L or S?
Also I was able to read that he was a 32 year-old bachelor. That the cause of death occured in Montemaggio. That he was dragged by a mule. What are the words between male and "trascinato" - dragged. Thank you.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n645508284
gemellua
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with name and cause of death

Postby erudita74 » 08 May 2013, 19:15

gemellua wrote:Need help to decipher the surname of the deceased. I can make out the first name of Filippo. Surname L or S?
Also I was able to read that he was a 32 year-old bachelor. That the cause of death occured in Montemaggio. That he was dragged by a mule. What are the words between male and "trascinato" - dragged. Thank you.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n645508284

I think that the first letter of Filippo's surname is an S. The letters to me look like Suorisi, but I can only find a surname spelled Sorisi in Palermo Province, so perhaps this surname had a different original spelling. I don't see the word "male" to which you are referring. The handwritten section reads "nella casa di sua abitazione Filippo Suorisi(sp?) celibe perche (accent on the final letter e in the word) accidentalmente trascinato da uno mulo. He was born in Montemaggiore but living in Sciara where the death appears to have taken place.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby gemellua » 10 May 2013, 20:26

Thanks Erudita - you're fantastic!
gemellua
Rookie
Rookie

Postby erudita74 » 11 May 2013, 01:10

gemellua wrote:Thanks Erudita - you're fantastic!

Thanks for the compliment. It is very much appreciated.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations