Death record help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Death record help

Postby bvbellomo » 09 May 2013, 22:33

Can someone please help with the age and place of birth of Giovanna Barranco?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3322562/records/Ferrera%20Gandolfo/Barranco%20Giovanna%20Death.pdf

Also, what is listed under "profession"? I can't seem to read this handwriting.
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 100
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: Death record help

Postby erudita74 » 09 May 2013, 23:59

bvbellomo wrote:Can someone please help with the age and place of birth of Giovanna Barranco?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3322562/records/Ferrera%20Gandolfo/Barranco%20Giovanna%20Death.pdf

Also, what is listed under "profession"? I can't seem to read this handwriting.


Looks like she was novantasette (age 97) at death. Her occupation looks like filatore (spinner). Still not sure about her place of birth.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Death record help

Postby erudita74 » 10 May 2013, 02:50

erudita74 wrote:
bvbellomo wrote:Can someone please help with the age and place of birth of Giovanna Barranco?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3322562/records/Ferrera%20Gandolfo/Barranco%20Giovanna%20Death.pdf

Also, what is listed under "profession"? I can't seem to read this handwriting.


Looks like she was novantasette (age 97) at death. Her occupation looks like filatore (spinner).

I think the place of her birth is Cefalu`

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Death record help

Postby bvbellomo » 10 May 2013, 14:44

Wow! I thought that might be "novanta", but didn't think it was possible someone born in 1750 could live that long. Thanks!
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 100
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 21:59

Re: Death record help

Postby erudita74 » 10 May 2013, 15:50

bvbellomo wrote:Wow! I thought that might be "novanta", but didn't think it was possible someone born in 1750 could live that long. Thanks!


I have actually seen someone in the Sicilian records as old as 105 at death. Truly unbelievable and unexpected.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26


5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: paola52 and 3 guests

Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.