Marriage Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Marriage Record Translation

Postby jebaad » 09 May 2013, 22:50

Hi
Wondering if someone could translate this marriage record for my 2nd ggrandparents, Pasquale Biondo and Carmela Coppola in I think 1892. It should be the 2nd marriage for Pasquale. His parents are listed as Concetta Venezia and Antonio Biondo and her's as Luigia Silano and Sabino Coppola. Anywhere does it say where and when she was born? Date of marriage looks like June?
Attachments
Pasquale Biondo and Carmela Coppola marriage 1892.TIF
Pasquale Biondo and Carmela Coppola marriage 1892.TIF (688.51 KiB) Viewed 300 times
jebaad
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 May 2013, 22:38

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Postby erudita74 » 10 May 2013, 13:20

jebaad wrote:Hi
Wondering if someone could translate this marriage record for my 2nd ggrandparents, Pasquale Biondo and Carmela Coppola in I think 1892. It should be the 2nd marriage for Pasquale. His parents are listed as Concetta Venezia and Antonio Biondo and her's as Luigia Silano and Sabino Coppola. Anywhere does it say where and when she was born? Date of marriage looks like June?



The date of the marriage looks to me to be June 11, 1892. She was of adult age and born in Avellino. The record does state that he was a widower. He was a colono (tenant farmer) who had been born in S. Potito Ultra, but was a resident in Atripalda. She was a contadina (peasant/farmer).

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2526
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Postby Tessa78 » 10 May 2013, 15:56

erudita74 wrote:
jebaad wrote:Hi
Wondering if someone could translate this marriage record for my 2nd ggrandparents, Pasquale Biondo and Carmela Coppola in I think 1892. It should be the 2nd marriage for Pasquale. His parents are listed as Concetta Venezia and Antonio Biondo and her's as Luigia Silano and Sabino Coppola. Anywhere does it say where and when she was born? Date of marriage looks like June?



The date of the marriage looks to me to be June 11, 1892. She was of adult age and born in Avellino. The record does state that he was a widower. He was a colono (tenant farmer) who had been born in S. Potito Ultra, but was a resident in Atripalda. She was a contadina (peasant/farmer).

Erudita



I believe 11 June 1892, is the date of the record, but not the date of marriage.
This appears to be a record of the Publication of the Banns of Marriage.
The right column lists dates for posting of banns as: 12 June, 19 June and final one on 23 June. Marriage probably took place a short time after :-)

Bride's place of birth is listed as Avellino.

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Postby jebaad » 11 May 2013, 00:27

Thanks
Since June 23 1892 is a Saturday perhaps the marriage was on Sunday the 24th
jebaad
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 May 2013, 22:38

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Postby Tessa78 » 11 May 2013, 19:24

jebaad wrote:Thanks
Since June 23 1892 is a Saturday perhaps the marriage was on Sunday the 24th


Are you sure June 23rd was a Saturday, and not a Thursday?

The banns were usually required to be posted on the doors of the Casa Comunale (town office) on two consecutive Sundays - in this case, June 12 and 19.

The next Sunday would be June 26th :-D

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Postby jebaad » 11 May 2013, 20:01

Yes you are right June 23rd is a Thursday
jebaad
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 May 2013, 22:38


6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.