Francesco Crisafulli

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Francesco Crisafulli

Post by frankcsr »

I am reposting this because I have had a e-mail/computer issue thanks your paitents

Marty thank you for all the info. I do not know if this is the right forum to ask for the following, if it isn't let me know where I should post.
Looking for info on Francesco Crisafulli born April 13, 1885 in Massa Santa Lucia, Sicily. Came to the USA in April 1910 then returned to Sicily I think in 1913 to marry Maria Costa (maiden name Calapia) on April 20, 1913, he came back to USA July 24,1913 and she came to USA in April 6 1914I cannot find their birth or marriage cert. Also I believe he was in the Italian Navy but cannot find that info. I believe they left relatives in Sicily but dont have any proof of land they owned. Again thank you for your help
frankcsr
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Francesco Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

frankcsr wrote:I am reposting this because I have had a e-mail/computer issue thanks your paitents

Marty thank you for all the info. I do not know if this is the right forum to ask for the following, if it isn't let me know where I should post.
Looking for info on Francesco Crisafulli born April 13, 1885 in Massa Santa Lucia, Sicily. Came to the USA in April 1910 then returned to Sicily I think in 1913 to marry Maria Costa (maiden name Calapia) on April 20, 1913, he came back to USA July 24,1913 and she came to USA in April 6 1914I cannot find their birth or marriage cert. Also I believe he was in the Italian Navy but cannot find that info. I believe they left relatives in Sicily but dont have any proof of land they owned. Again thank you for your help
frankcsr
Hi Frank
If you look at the shipmanifest for Maria her maiden name is Maria Costa and her mothers name is Maria Calapai (HER MAIDEN NAME)which is the norm for Italian woman using their maiden instead of their married name
Massa Santa Lucia is a village within Messina so the records from 1866 on would be in Messina
It is also listed Maria Costa in the first childs birth record Paschal Crisafulli
in Boston 1915 Jan 17
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n341478674
It would be best to get the microfilms from Family History Library
Microfilm dei registri originali nell'Archivio di Stato, Messina.

Births, marriages, deaths, ten-year indexes for the "Villaggi di Messina," which are hamlets in the province of Messina (see listing above). The hamlets appear in no particular order and may not all be present for any given year.

I villaggi di Messina includono i seguenti frazioni. Non appaiono in quest'ordine sul microfilm. Altolia, Annunziata, Bordonaro, Briga, Camaro Inferiore, Camaro Superiore, Castanea, Catarratti, Contesse, Cucuraci, Cumia Inferiore, Cumia Superiore, Faro Superiore, Galati, Ganzirri, Gazzi, Gesso, Giampilieri, Larderia Inferiore, Larderia Superiore, Massa San Giorgio, Massa San Giovanni, Massa San Nicoló, Massa Santa Lucia, Mili Inferiore, Mili Superiore, Molino, Pace, Pezzolo, Pistunina, San Filippo Inferiore, San Filippo Superiore, San Michele, Sant'Agata, Santa Lucia Sopra Contesse, Santa Margherita, Santo, Santo Stefano Medio, Scala, Torre Faro, Tremestieri, Zafferia.
For their birth records
Nati 1887-1889, 1867-1895, 1869, 1890 Family History Library INTL Film 1642241
Nati 1890-1893 Family History Library INTL Film 1642242

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, as Marty said, the maiden name of Maria COSTA mother was CALAPAI;
Maria COSTA was born in Massa Santa Lucia on 17 July 1891, daughter of Gaetano Costa and Maria Calapai.
Birth act # 13
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n966995224
Marriage note on birth act:
Maria COSTA married in Massa Santa Lucia at Francesco CRISAFULLI on 9 May 1913
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Great work Suanj!!
INDEX#10
Birth record of Gaetano Costa born in Massa Santa Lucia 1859 April 29th son of Rocco Costa age 38 and Maria Marabello age 34
PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

INDEX#11
Birth of Maria Calapai born in Massa Santa Lucia 1864 April 11th daughter of Giovanni Calapai age 38 and Giuseppa Milone age 34
PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 9.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thank you Livio! Now frankcsr , if it wish, itcan request the certificates in Messina!
bye,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I haven't found the record but here is the info from the index
INDEX#9
Francesco Crisafulli born in Massa Santa Lucia 1885 April 11th son of Pasquale Crisafulli and Maria Coste
PG LINK OF INDEX

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1536221021

Marty

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote:Thank you Marty! Now frankcsr , if it wish, itcan request the certificates in Messina!
bye,
suanj
sorry Marty, I wrote the wrong name :D :D :D
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Mi sembrava...
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:D
non so perchè ho scritto Livio quando sapevo bene che era stato Marty a rispondere!
:D

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Rocco Costa and Maria Marabello
INDEX#1
1847 Feb 8 in the town of Massa Santa Lucia marriage of Rocco Costa age 27 born in Massa Santa Lucia son of Vittorino Costa and deceased Giovanna Arena to marry Maria Marabello age 24 daughter of deceased Giovanni Marabello and deceased Rosa Gerbasi
PG LINK FOR RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Marty

Marty
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Marty,
Thank you. You are great. I could never have gotten what you have. I have tried some of the sites sites that you sent and I did find that Francesco Crisafulli, my grandfather had a sister Maria she was born march 27, 1881. I am still looking to see if he had a brother so I have a bit more to look for. I got it off the index that you sent me. Are there list of the men enlisted or drafted in the Italian Navy? If the age to be drafted is 18 then Francesco would have been in the Navy between 1901 and when he cameto the USA 1910 does that make sense. Again thank you for all the info it is great that I can pass this on to my sons and grand children.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

frankcsr wrote:Marty,
Thank you. You are great. I could never have gotten what you have. I have tried some of the sites sites that you sent and I did find that Francesco Crisafulli, my grandfather had a sister Maria she was born march 27, 1881. I am still looking to see if he had a brother so I have a bit more to look for. I got it off the index that you sent me. Are there list of the men enlisted or drafted in the Italian Navy? If the age to be drafted is 18 then Francesco would have been in the Navy between 1901 and when he cameto the USA 1910 does that make sense. Again thank you for all the info it is great that I can pass this on to my sons and grand children.
You can email for his military record to the Archivio di Messina
E-mail: as-me@beniculturali.it

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI MESSINA
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Francesco Crisafulli di Pasquale Crisafulli classe di nascita 1885.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di leva di: Francesco Crisafulli nato a Massa Santa Lucia,Messina il Aprile 11,1885.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME EMAIL ADDRESS

Marty

Marty
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Thank y0u Marty, I have e-mailed them and will wait for a reply. I will let you know what I hear.
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Marty, I have not heard yet from Messina about my grandfathers service in the Navy, when I do I will let you know. I cannot find his birth certificate andI cannot find if he had any brothers. I did see that on the records of births that I thing that he had a sister ehich I never knew. Any help that you can give meis appreciated. My wife and I are going to Italy in late September and I have three days to explore Massa Santa Lucia for Francesco's birth place and Ali Superiori for Rosario D'Angelo's birth place. Again thank you for all the info.
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Marty, I have looked at the register that lists births for Massa Santa Lucis, Sicily and I could not find a birth for a brother for Francesco Crisafulli, parents Pasquale Crisafulli and Maria Costa. I did find who I think is a sister Maria born 27 March 1881. Where else can I look to see if my grandfather had any other siblings. I had been told that he had a brother o maybe an uncle who had 5 daughters, but I never knew that he had a sister. Also can I look up land transfers in Massa Santa Lucia between Maria Crisafulli, USA to a relative in Massa Santa Lucia between approx. 1950-1969. any help is appreciated.
thank you,
Frank Crisafulli