More help requested

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JESSICA082866

More help requested

Post by JESSICA082866 »

I have a couple of more pages from my research that I could really use some help translating. Even though I was close on my last attempt using an online translator, I had missed a few key items.
Attachments
Page 3.jpg
Page 3.jpg (580.22 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Page 2.jpg
Page 2.jpg (560.12 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: More help requested

Post by Tessa78 »

When a couple contracted to marry, the law required that the "banns of marriage" be publicly posted so that anyone who might have reason to oppose the marriage would be informed. The banns were required to be posted in BOTH the comune of the bride and the comune of the groom.

These are certificates from the towns of Trani and Giovinazzo, where the bride and groom resided, certifying that the banns were posted on successive Sundays on the door of the town office, and for a final time for 3 days.

The same information is contained in both certificates with the exception of the date of the posting of the banns.
Giovinazzo certificate - first posting on Sunday, 22 November 1874
Trani certificate - first posting on Sunday, 15 November 1874

Each document identifies the intended spouses:
From Giovinazzo record...
Vito Finizio, single, 21, cabinet-maker, born in Bitonto, residing in Giovinazzo, son of parents unknown.
AND
Addolorata Dentamare, 23, spinner, born and residing in Trani, daughter of deceased Antonio and living Maria Giuseppa Scoccimarro, baker residing in Trani.

Both certificates state that the banns were posted on successive Sundays and for 3 days thereafter with no opposition.

T.
JESSICA082866

Re: More help requested

Post by JESSICA082866 »

Thank you so very much!