Death Record: Rosario Quagliana

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Death Record: Rosario Quagliana

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hello Everyone! I am back and hope to keep to my researching daily. I found the death record for my husband's great-grandfather, Rosario Quagliana. The record is hard to read, but I thought maybe someone more familiar with reading these records could help me translate. So far this is what I have translated:
Death: May 14, 1888
Married to: Stefana D'Agostino

My tree has his birth as 1837, which would make Rosario 51 when he passed away.

If, by any chance, anyone can translate or read the names of his parents, an address or anything else important, that would be a great help.
Here is the link:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1433148065

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :)
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Death Record: Rosario Quagliana

Post by erudita74 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Hello Everyone! I am back and hope to keep to my researching daily. I found the death record for my husband's great-grandfather, Rosario Quagliana. The record is hard to read, but I thought maybe someone more familiar with reading these records could help me translate. So far this is what I have translated:
Death: May 14, 1888
Married to: Stefana D'Agostino

My tree has his birth as 1837, which would make Rosario 51 when he passed away.

If, by any chance, anyone can translate or read the names of his parents, an address or anything else important, that would be a great help.
Here is the link:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1433148065

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :)

Hi Sue
The record is dated on the 14th but he died yesterday (ieri), so he died on the 13th of May.

His age at death was 54, and he died in the house on via Giardini (no number on the house). His father was deceased, but I can't read his first name. His mother was Rosalia Antonazzo. Rosario was a peasant/farmer and had been born in Cerda.

Erudita
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you so much for that information! I appreciate the time it took for you to do that for me. The information on his mother is going right on my tree!

Thanks again!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Thank you so much for that information! I appreciate the time it took for you to do that for me. The information on his mother is going right on my tree!

Thanks again!

Sorry the father's first name is too washed out for me to read. Do you have any children for this couple, as a first born grandson could have his first name?

BTW, I lived in Lodi for a few months after I got married-a long time ago!

Erudita
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

That is so funny! My husband's family are all from Lodi, NJ! Yes, I do have only one son that I could find, his name was Salvatore, born in 1876. I am not looking for the marriage record of Rosalio and Stefana D'Angostino. Not having any luck.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:That is so funny! My husband's family are all from Lodi, NJ! Yes, I do have only one son that I could find, his name was Salvatore, born in 1876. I am not looking for the marriage record of Rosalio and Stefana D'Angostino. Not having any luck.
Sue,

It looks like the mother Rosalia was deceased as well.

What can I say about Lodi? I only lived there for 8 months and remember the flooding. Luckily our car was never under water.

Erudita
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Flooding is still a big problem in Lodi. I meant to say I am looking for the marriage record.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Flooding is still a big problem in Lodi. I meant to say I am looking for the marriage record.
Sue
I assumed that you meant you were searching for the marriage record.

My husband just redid my computer, and the photo program I previously had is no longer compatible, so I can't darken the image to see if I can read the father's first name. I know it's not Salvatore. My first instinct was Santo, but I really can't say for sure.

Erudita
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Ok - I thank you for your time. :D

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA