Antonio Caldararo Birth Record-Translation Needed

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
justinerae

Antonio Caldararo Birth Record-Translation Needed

Post by justinerae »

Help needed to translate this birth record. thanks in advance for all your help.
Justine.
Antonio Caldararo pg 1 birth.jpg
Antonio Caldararo pg 1 birth.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 2947 times
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Caldararo Birth Record-Translation Needed

Post by erudita74 »

I am on my way out and don't have time to do this translation now. However, I have some info on the parents in this record-Leonardo Caldararo and Rosa Caputi and some limited info on their family. As it turns out, this family is related to a distant cousin of mine whom I helped with some of his research in Aliano many years ago. I'll get back to you as soon as I can, but if anyone wants to do the translation in the meantime, that would be fine.
Erudita
justinerae

Post by justinerae »

Thank you very much. I am some others are trying to figure out how all the Caldararo's are related to one another. I am the great granddaughter of Luigi Caldararo. His parents were Filippo Caldararo and Rosa D'aloia
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1838? April 19th (recorded) born on the 16th at the 1st hour in the town of Aliano birth of Antonio Caldaro son of Leonardo Caldararo age 36 pastore (shepherd)and Rosa Caputi age 30 baby was presented by Giuseppe Racioppi age 60 farmhand son of Domenico

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
justinerae

Post by justinerae »

Thank you Marty for the translation
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks, Marty. The year of birth was 1828 and not 1838.

Here's some info I have on this family:

Angelo Caldararo b. abt 1745, died on Dec 8, 1807 in Corleto, Italy. He was married to an Anna Pinto. No additional info on them.

They had a son named Lonardo Caldararo (the father in the birth record you posted). He was born about 1793 in Corleto and died on June 26, 1843 in Aliano. He was married to Rosa Caputo (in this birth record Caputi-I noticed in the Aliano records that the name Caputo was sometimes recorded as Caputi). She was the daughter of Donato Caputo and Domenica Racioppi. They married Feb 5, 1818 in Aliano (foglio #5)

Lonardo Caldararo and Rosa Caputo had the son Antonio Caldararo (the infant in the birth record extract that you posted) born in Aliano on April 16. 1828. He married Rosa Marchetta who was born in Aliano on June 8, 1838. She was the daughter of Rocco Marchetta and Margherita di Lorenzo. Antonio and Rosa married in Aliano, in the Church of San Giacomo Maggiore, on Sept 30, 1852.

Children of Antonio Caldararo and Rosa Marchetta:
1. Leonardo Caldararo born about 1856 in Aliano; died April 25, 1914 NYC death certificate #13671
2. Maria Caladararo
3. Rosa Caldararo
4. Luigi Caldararo born about 1868 in Aliano--he came to U.S on May 7, 1903 but supposedly did not stay in this country
5. Margherita Caldararo-b. abt 1872 in Aliano
6. Michele Caldararo born Sept 12, 1874 in Aliano. He died on Feb 6, 1922 in Corona, Queens, NYC and is buried in Calvary Cemetery in Queens, NY. He was married to Filomena Pinto who was born in Stigliano, in Matera Province, Italy on May 19, 1879. They married in NY on Nov 13, 1899.
7. Giulia Caldararo b. about 1879, Aliano; died in NY, NY.

I don't have any info on Filippo Caldararo and Rosa D'Aloia but seem to recall passing those names in the records.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Some Additional Caldararo Info

Additional children of Lonardo Caldararo and Rosa Caputo (siblings of Antonio Caldararo in the birth record extract you posted)
1. Anna Caldararo daughter of Lonardo Caldararo and Rosa Caputo-born in Aliano on Jan 12, 1819. She married Antonio Maria Americo in Aliano on May 19, 1852
2. Cristina Caldararo born in Aliano Dec 23, 1820. She married Nicola Maria Verzica in Aliano on May 2, 1847 in the church of San Giacomo Maggio, record #2. He was the son of Giuseppe Verzica and Margarita Guarino.
3. Giulia Caputo born on April 10, 1831 in Aliano; died on Sept 23, 1865 (record #34). She married Giovanni Serra, son of Giambattista Serra and Margarita Mastrota in Aliano on May 22, 1858
4. Margherita Caldararo born in Aliano on July 18, 1838 (record #39). She married Giuseppe Vitale Maggitti in Aliano on Sept 4, 1858 in the Church of San Giacomo Maggiore. He was the son of Agostino Maggitti and Giulia Robotone.

Additional children of Antonio Caldararo and Rosa Marchetta
1. Anna Caldararo born about 1869. She married Antonio Amorosi in Aliano on Dec 5, 1887 (this is a marriage publication date and not actual marriage date (publication #11). I seem to recall there were a lot of marriage publication records and not acts of matrimony among the microfilmed Aliano records.
2. Maria Teresa Caldararo born about 1862-she married Pietro Maselli, the son of Vincenzo Masselli and Valentina Partia. Marriage publication #10 dated Sept 19, 1880

This is all of the info I have on the Caldararo surname from Aliano.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

More info I had forgotten to give you-

Leonardo Caldararo, son of Antonio Caldararo and Rosa Marchetta, married Maddalena Cassino, the daughter of Luigi Cassino and Brigida Amorosi (Aliano marriage publication #2 dated Feb 8, 1879).
Their children:
1. Antonio Caldararo (b. March 5, 1884 Aliano)
2. Rosa Caldararo b. 1885, Aliano, Margherita b. March 31, 1889 Aliano
3. Margherita B. Caldararo b. March 31, 1889 Aliano; died Dec 1974, Bronx, NY
4. Josephe Caldararo, b. about 1892

Erudita
justinerae

Post by justinerae »

Thank you all so much for your help. The genealogy community is always so generous with their time and energy. God Bless you all. And thank you again

Justine
justinerae

Post by justinerae »

Thank you all so much for your help. The genealogy community is always so generous with their time and energy. God Bless you all. And thank you again

Justine