Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
17 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 31 Jul 2013, 20:45

My Great grandfather Michele Sciscioli Born 3 Jan 1893 Index #49

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

From what i Understand His father was Vincenzo 36 son of cataldo Mom is Angela Tarantini is this correct?

Now i tried to find Vincenzo's Birth and found this Index #770 1857 But can't make anything of it any help would be great
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby adelfio » 31 Jul 2013, 22:12

bluefairy79 wrote:My Great grandfather Michele Sciscioli Born 3 Jan 1893 Index #49

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

From what i Understand His father was Vincenzo 36 son of Cataldo Mom is Angela Tarantini daughter of deceased Luigi Tarantini
1893 Jan 3rd

Now i tried to find Vincenzo's Birth and found this Index #770 1857 But can't make anything of it any help would be great
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html


INDEX#770
1857 Oct 11th birth of Vincenzo Sciscioli son of Filippo Sciscioli age 50 son of deceased Tommaso and his wife Nicoletta Polino age 30 daughter of deceased Vincenzo Polino

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby dmt1955 » 31 Jul 2013, 22:21

if i have read vincenzo's birth act correctly...
born by midwife Salvatora Tarantino
mother is nicoletta polini of the deceased vincenzo
father is filippo sciscioli, of the deceased Tomaso, age 50, farmer. child was born 11 Oct 1857 and named vincenzo

donna
www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara, Altavilla, Zungoli
User avatar
dmt1955
Master
Master
 
Posts: 611
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:12
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby adelfio » 31 Jul 2013, 22:59

There is 2 birth records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 31 Jul 2013, 23:10

Ok sorry about that it was not the right person i needed this is the marriage of my great grandpa parents Index #33 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

this is what i have as translation but i can't seem to find Vincenzo's Birth Cert?
Index #33
Vincenzo Sciscoli, 19 years old, farmer, born and resident in Corato, son of living Cataldo and of dead Maria San Domenico, both residents of Corato. Angela Tarantini, 16 years old, spinner, born and resident of Corato, daughter of living Luigi and daughter of living Mariantonia Marcone, both residents in Corato.the marriage took place on Feb 1st 1877
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby Tessa78 » 31 Jul 2013, 23:32

bluefairy79 wrote:Ok sorry about that it was not the right person i needed this is the marriage of my great grandpa parents Index #33 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

this is what i have as translation but i can't seem to find Vincenzo's Birth Cert?
Index #33
Vincenzo Sciscoli, 19 years old, farmer, born and resident in Corato, son of living Cataldo and of dead Maria San Domenico, both residents of Corato. Angela Tarantini, 16 years old, spinner, born and resident of Corato, daughter of living Luigi and daughter of living Mariantonia Marcone, both residents in Corato.the marriage took place on Feb 1st 1877


Yes, you have the translation correct! :D

I believe the written statement at the end, which includes the documents presented, states that they presented the birth act of the groom, dated 11 April 1857, and the birth act of the bride, dated 26 October 1860 :-)

Vincenzo birth act (image 177 in 1857) - left side...
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela birth act (image 432 in 1860)- right side
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html
T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 31 Jul 2013, 23:44

I would love to take credit for it but can't had help :) but hey i'm learning so much and helping other to pay it forward.. Still can't find his birth as of now.But i am sure i will i don't give up :)
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby Tessa78 » 31 Jul 2013, 23:45

bluefairy79 wrote:I would love to take credit for it but can't had help :) but hey i'm learning so much and helping other to pay it forward.. Still can't find his birth as of now.But i am sure i will i don't give up :)



Just posted it above :-D

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 01 Aug 2013, 00:02

Tessa78 wrote:
bluefairy79 wrote:I would love to take credit for it but can't had help :) but hey i'm learning so much and helping other to pay it forward.. Still can't find his birth as of now.But i am sure i will i don't give up :)



Just posted it above :-D

T.


Thank you so much :)Now if i can get help on the names please that would help I think i see the names don't match the marriage could this be or it's my eyes??
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 01 Aug 2013, 00:57

Tessa78 wrote:
bluefairy79 wrote:Ok sorry about that it was not the right person i needed this is the marriage of my great grandpa parents Index #33 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

this is what i have as translation but i can't seem to find Vincenzo's Birth Cert?
Index #33
Vincenzo Sciscoli, 19 years old, farmer, born and resident in Corato, son of living Cataldo and of dead Maria San Domenico, both residents of Corato. Angela Tarantini, 16 years old, spinner, born and resident of Corato, daughter of living Luigi and daughter of living Mariantonia Marcone, both residents in Corato.the marriage took place on Feb 1st 1877


Yes, you have the translation correct! :D

I believe the written statement at the end, which includes the documents presented, states that they presented the birth act of the groom, dated 11 April 1857, and the birth act of the bride, dated 26 October 1860 :-)

Vincenzo birth act (image 177 in 1857) - left side...
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela birth act (image 432 in 1860)- right side
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html
T.


Tessa just looked over these and could use your help Antonio's birth above is correct but it does have notes written that i can't really understand can you help me with translation?
Also the other for Angela the has the wrong parents info but right name thinking about that sidenote in Vincenzo's birth it takes about her too wierd? but i can make out what exactly...lol Help Please :)
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Aug 2013, 02:38

bluefairy79 wrote:
Tessa just looked over these and could use your help Antonio's birth above is correct but it does have notes written that i can't really understand can you help me with translation?
Also the other for Angela the has the wrong parents info but right name thinking about that sidenote in Vincenzo's birth it takes about her too wierd? but i can make out what exactly...lol Help Please :)


There are two notations...
At the bottom right is states that on 1 February 1877, record #33, in Corato, Vincenzo Sciscioli of Cataldo, married Angela Tarantini of Luigi

THEN at the bottom left -
It states that on 13 May 1926, record #143 in Corato, he married Carolina Tata(?)

AS for the birth record for ANGELA TARANTINI...
I apologize, I posted the wrong image... It is image #429 (Record #832) left side
There were 2 Angela Tarantinis born a few days apart...
This one is daughter of Luigi Tarantini and Mariantonia Marcone :D
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Notation on the record is for a marriage to Vincenzo on 1 February 1877 :-)

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 02 Aug 2013, 01:31

Thanks Tessa so Much I was Going nuts trying to figure out where to find these ...
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 10 Aug 2013, 20:29

Need help translating this birth cert please http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0 Index #338 on the left
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby erudita74 » 10 Aug 2013, 21:04

bluefairy79 wrote:Need help translating this birth cert please http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0 Index #338 on the left



Dated April 12, 1857 at 4P.M.
Appearing was Cataldo Sciscioli, the son of deceased Nunzio, age 34. He reported that at 1 P.M. a male infant was born to his wife Maria Santomenico (sp?), daughter of deceased Carmine, age 33, who was living with him. The infant was being given the name Vincenzo. Witnesses to the declaration of the birth, and presentation of the infant, were Savino Marcone, age 26, farmhand and Cataldo Lupo, age 23, also a farmhand.
Vincenzo married Angela Tarantini, the daughter of Luigi, in Corato on Feb 1st(?), 1877, #33. He married Carolina Tota, also in Corato, on May 13, 1926.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Need Help Translating & Finding Record

Postby bluefairy79 » 12 Aug 2013, 16:53

Thank you so Much
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Next

17 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests

Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.