Vincenzo De Milita Death Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Vincenzo De Milita Death Record Translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Can someone please post and translate the following two death records for me which I have located on Ancestry.com. I was looking at records in:

Potenza, Basilicata, Italy Civil Registration 1861-1938 – SAPONARA DI GRUMENTO – ATTI DI MORTE

Year 1930
DE MILITA VINCENZO, INDEX NO 1, PART II, PAGE 21 OF 21

AND

Year 1928
DE MILITA BERNARDO INDEX 39, PAGE 11 OF 19

Thanks for the help. Angela
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Vincenzo De Milita Death Record Translation

Post by Tessa78 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Can someone please post and translate the following two death records for me which I have located on Ancestry.com. I was looking at records in:

Potenza, Basilicata, Italy Civil Registration 1861-1938 – SAPONARA DI GRUMENTO – ATTI DI MORTE

Year 1930
DE MILITA VINCENZO, INDEX NO 1, PART II, PAGE 21 OF 21

Record #1 - Parte 2
Dated 5 July 1930 at 6 PM in Saponara
The official received from the Tribunale in Potenza a letter of 8 February of the current year, #677, and an authentic copy of the death act of Vincenzo De Milita, and from the Minister of Justice and ??? with a letter of 24 June of the current year, #1932, copy of act of death exactly transcribed...

The act of death from the office of Vital Records, District of Paez (Venezuela), extract of register of deaths, Volume 1929, page. Act #32. In Guardualito (Venezuela), 30 October 1929 at 7 AM today, 30-10-1929, died in this city, Dottore [Doctor] Vincenzo De Milita, age 86, divorced, native of Saponara di Grumento (Italy), profession doctor, of consequence of cardiac asthma and pneumonia as certified by pharmacist P. A. Goos. The deceased was the son of ??(there is no data) etc. etc.

AND

Year 1928
DE MILITA BERNARDO INDEX 39, PAGE 11 OF 19

Record #39
Dated 1 November 1928 at 10:20 AM at the town office in Saponara
Appeared before the official Antonio Dipierri, 59, shopkeeper; and Vincenzo Celano, 34, farmer; to declare that at 10 AM yesterday at Via Domenico DeMilita #1, died Bernardo De Milita, age 82, landowner born and residing in Saponara; son of deceased Carlo, landowner, and deceased Caterina Alberti, housewife; SINGLE.
Witnesses to the record: Ernesto Giannone, 71, clerk; Antonio Romaso, 51, landowner.

Thanks for the help. Angela
T. :-)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This is just fantastic. Thank you so much Tessa. I knew that there was a Medic somewhere in dad’s history and I’ve been looking out for him and there’s possibly another one in the next generation. I just have to find him. This would be another son of Caterina and Carlo. AWESOME, thank you. Of course it raises a few more questions for me similar to ones I have for his brother Francesco but I am not even going to go there today. I’ll just concentrate on Francesco.

Thank you for your help again T. Really appreciate it.

Angela
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:This is just fantastic. Thank you so much Tessa. I knew that there was a Medic somewhere in dad’s history and I’ve been looking out for him and there’s possibly another one in the next generation. I just have to find him. This would be another son of Caterina and Carlo. AWESOME, thank you. Of course it raises a few more questions for me similar to ones I have for his brother Francesco but I am not even going to go there today. I’ll just concentrate on Francesco.

Angela
Happy to do it! :D

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:This is just fantastic. Thank you so much Tessa. I knew that there was a Medic somewhere in dad’s history and I’ve been looking out for him and there’s possibly another one in the next generation. I just have to find him. This would POSSIBLY be another son of Caterina and Carlo. STILL NEEDING CONFIRMATION/SOURCE AWESOME, thank you. Of course it raises a few more questions for me similar to ones I have for his brother Francesco but I am not even going to go there today. I’ll just concentrate on Francesco.

Angela
Am currently following up on this thread because I have had an enquiry and was hoping someone might be able to add more info to it. Vincenzo De Milita, Doctor, was born Saponara di Grumento (approximately 1843 - estimated from his Death Record posted here). He died in Guasdualito, Venezuela 30 October 1929. His father was Carlo (according to Death Record Index which says De Milita Vincenzo di Carlo) but the parents are not actually included in his death record. It "seems to fit" that his parents were Carlo De Milita and Caterina Alberti but this as yet is not confirmed. I need a source. Maybe someone can help fill in the gaps. (I am slowly going through records that I am renting from LDS but it might be a while yet before I get to the 1843ish birth records.)

Thanks for any help :)

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Marriage Record: Vincenzo De Milita and Rafaela Garcias

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This is beyond fantastic, I can finally confirm that Dr Vincenzo De Milita was the son of Carlo De Milita and Caterina Alberti. (I can't believe I've actually found his marriage record. :o 8) ) (Praises!)

If anyone can help with the translation from Spanish to English that would be helpful otherwise I'll see what I can do with google translate. The script is not so hard to decipher.

MARRIAGE RECORD DOCTOR VICENTE DE MILITA AND RAFAELA GARCIAS
Date: 11 July 1896 Parish of San Casimiro de Guiripa (Venezuela)
Dr Vicente De Milita (son of) the deceased (finados) Carlos De Milita and Catalina Alberti.
with
Rafaela Garcias (daughter of) the deceased Pedro Jose Garcias and Trinidad Yriarte

Righthand side of page middle entry. IMAGE 413: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,377007101

Prior to finding the marriage record, I have located three separate articles during the week about Dr Vicente De Milita, the following article being one of them:

Article about Vicente De Milita in Chronicles of a Sancasimireno: http://translate.google.co.nz/translate ... 6bih%3D520

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record: Vincenzo De Milita and Rafaela Garcias

Post by erudita74 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:This is beyond fantastic, I can finally confirm that Dr Vincenzo De Milita was the son of Carlo De Milita and Caterina Alberti. (I can't believe I've actually found his marriage record. :o 8) ) (Praises!)

If anyone can help with the translation from Spanish to English that would be helpful otherwise I'll see what I can do with google translate. The script is not so hard to decipher.

MARRIAGE RECORD DOCTOR VICENTE DE MILITA AND RAFAELA GARCIAS
Date: 11 July 1896 Parish of San Casimiro de Guiripa (Venezuela)
Dr Vicente De Milita (legitimate son of) the deceased (finados) Carlos De Milita and Catalina Alberti (Italians).
with
Rafaela Garcias (legitimate daughter of) the deceased Pedro Jose Garcias and Trinidad Yriarte (of this parish)

There were three banns that were read during the conventional Mass, on three holidays (should be referring to three Sundays), in accordance with the Sacred Council of Trent, which resulted in there being no impediments to the marriage. Witnesses were Pedro A. Gracias, Trinidad Ide Gracias, and Ana D. de Castillo.

Righthand side of page middle entry. IMAGE 413: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,377007101

Prior to finding the marriage record, I have located three separate articles during the week about Dr Vicente De Milita, the following article being one of them:

Article about Vicente De Milita in Chronicles of a Sancasimireno: http://translate.google.co.nz/translate ... 6bih%3D520

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Erudita, you are an Angel! Thank you so much. :D

In another article that I have about him it says "In Italy he graduated with excellent grades revalidating diploma in Caracas (Venezuela)".

Would you know where he may have studied medicine in Italy in the late 1800's. I've tried googling this without success, so far.

Looking at the article it looks like he eventually became an eye surgeon? Am I able to pm you the article for you to look at for me to verify some information. (I don't always trust google translate.) Just pm me as to whether you are able to - if you are busy that's fine. I may not get back to you today as I am rostered to work today and need to get ready.

Thank you again Erudita.

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Angela
I sent you a pm.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Certificado de Nacimiento: Vicente di Milita

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth Record No 125: Vincenzo di Milita

Birth Registered Saponara di Grumento: 2 November 1853, 3 pm
Born: 31 October 1853

Before Domenico Caputi, Mayor, appeared Carlo di Milita, son of the deceased Domenico, 35 yo, proprietario (landowner), living in Saponara (di Grumento). He presented a male baby who he reported was born from his wife, Caterina Alberti, 35 yo, living in Saponara, and from himself, the declarant, Carlo di Milita, aged as above, profession as above, living as above, on the day 31 October at 12 noon in the house where he lived.

The neonate was given the name Vincenzo.

Right Side Column: Vincenzo di Milita was baptised on 2 November 1853 in the parish of Saponara (di Grumento).

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Am just adding to this thread because someone messaged me and is interested in my Vincenzo di Milita.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Children of Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Baptism No 236: Catalina De Milita:
San Casimiro de Guiripa: Baptised 14 July1897
Born: 3 May 1897, the legitimate daughter of Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia. Her godparents were: Rosalio Castillo and Ana Dolores de Castillo.
Margin Note: Entered into a marriage contract with Pedro Belisano?, son of Pedro Belisano?,
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 01&cc=1951

Baptism No 258: Trinidad de Milita
San Casimiro de Guiripa: Baptised 16 July 1900
Born: 30 March 1900, legitimate daughter of Doctor Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia. Her godparents were: Pedro A and Trinidad Garcia
Margin Note: Married in this parish with Pedro Belisario, son of Pedro Belisario and ...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1951777

Baptism No188: Carlos De Milita:
San Casimiro de Guiripa – Baptised 12 June 1904
Born 11 September 1902, the legitimate son of doctor Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia. His godparents were: Ramon E Guerra and Trinidad Garcia.
Margin Note: He married in this parish with Rita Bovary-Ricardo, daughter of Pedro Bovary and Victoria Ricardo, 27 February 1929?

(At this stage, I'm just adding to this thread. I've collected quite a bit of information over the years about Doctor Vincenzo di Milita, which I'm currently putting together and will post extracts at some stage. Meanwhile, if anyone has him in their history, and has something significant to share, especially a photo - I have no idea what he looked like - please message me. I'd so appreciate it. If there are any errors in the children's church records here, please let me know. Thank you.)

Angela
valyzamoradm

Post by valyzamoradm »

Hi Angela. My grandmother Rita was not "Bovary" her last name was Tovar. The Ricardo as a last name I don't think is correct. I will ask my mom because I don't remember.

Greetings

Valentina Zamora De Milita
valyzamoradm

Post by valyzamoradm »

Hi again Angela,

My Mom confirms me that my grandmother Rita's two last names were Tovar Liendo, not Bovary Ricardo.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Children of Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 04:32 Baptism No 236: Catalina De Milita:
San Casimiro de Guiripa: Baptised 14 July1897
Born: 3 May 1897, the legitimate daughter of Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia. Her godparents were: Rosalio Castillo and Ana Dolores de Castillo.
Margin Note: Entered into a marriage contract with Pedro Belisario, son of Pedro Belisario.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 01&cc=1951

Baptism No 258: Trinidad de Milita
San Casimiro de Guiripa: Baptised 16 July 1900
Born: 30 March 1900, legitimate daughter of Doctor Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia. Her godparents were: Pedro A and Trinidad Garcia
Margin Note: Married in this parish with Pedro Belisario, son of Pedro Belisario. (I think this marriage annotation must be wrong because I understand from family that Trinidad never married and that she was single when she died? Finding her Death Record may help to confirm this.)

Baptism No188: Carlos De Milita:
San Casimiro de Guiripa – Baptised 12 June 1904
Born 11 September 1902, the legitimate son of doctor Vicente de Milita and Rafaela Garcia. His godparents were: Ramon E Guerra and Trinidad Garcia.
Margin Note: He married in this parish with Rita Tovar Liendo, daughter of Pedro Tovar and Victoria Liendo, 27 February 1929.

(At this stage, I'm just adding to this thread. I've collected quite a bit of information over the years about Doctor Vincenzo di Milita, which I'm currently putting together and will post extracts at some stage. Meanwhile, if anyone has him in their history, and has something significant to share, especially a photo - I have no idea what he looked like - please message me. I'd so appreciate it. If there are any errors in the children's church records here, please let me know. Thank you.)

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

valyzamoradm wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 03:24 Hi Angela. My grandmother Rita was not "Bovary" her last name was Tovar. The Ricardo as a last name I don't think is correct. I will ask my mom because I don't remember.

Greetings

Valentina Zamora De Milita
valyzamoradm wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 03:35 Hi again Angela,

My Mom confirms me that my grandmother Rita's two last names were Tovar Liendo, not Bovary Ricardo.
[/qu'ote]

It's nice to hear from you again, Valentina. It's sure been a while. :)

Thank you for the correction. I did know this and intended to followup here on the forum with this correction and some others. Thank you for the prompt. Since my last posts here, I have conducted further research on Dr Vincenzo and his decendants, and have located Carlos and Rafaela's 1929 marriage record, which confirms Rafaela's correct surnames. I have also located other records which I have passed on to family. When I went back and took a closer look at Carlos's birth record and blew up the image I noticed the error in the surnames. It's clearly Tovar Liendo, as you say, although initially because of the script I had misread Tovar as Fovar. A family member confirmed the correct spelling to me. There's also a couple of other errors there which I have now corrected. If you notice anything else or can add any more information, please do.

Does your mom know the approximate date of Rafaela's death and/or birth. I began looking for Rafaela's death record. There are no indices, and with the particular script, and my limited Spanish, it could take some time to find them. I need to go record by record. With all the other records I have located, I have been able to glean info from previous records which helped considerably with finding subsequent records.

All for now.

Kind regards.
Angela